Honored Contributor
On 1/24/2015 stevieb said:

EEL... I have a cousin who, when with her now departed mother, always reminded me of Lucy and Ethel... Sometimes my mom and I do as well... Hope Ricky's feeling better so you can resume your baking!

Yea, I already posted this, but now that I found the right thread I'm posting it again!

Smile That's good Lucy and Ethel run in your family, stevieb! I smile when I think about you and your Mom out and about shopping and all! What trouble you must get into together!!! {#emotions_dlg.biggrin}

I was with my Mom this morning to help her with many things and she was a little sick! Meanwhile, Ricky is still a bit delirious and weak...I brought him home some chicken soup for lunch and he said it made him feel a little better...he needed the energy because he insisted on taking down our large, multi-colored Christmas lights on our house on the ladder when he's sick! I was ready to call 911...but he made it just fine! At least we don't look like the Christmas Vacation house anymore...now if I could just start taking down the inside decorations...a little late this year! Baking is still on hold...

Honored Contributor

Well ole Ethel here didn't buy a thing... I'm still thinking about one single item, and there was surely some beautiful gold jewelry, but with just a couple of exceptions, the really good stuff was just a bit too out of my price range right now... I too find gold and turquoise a beautiful combination, but was sort of disappointed that they were offered at the expense of virtually any other gem choices... I like opaques, but really there should be something other than Sleeping Beauty and a few other opaques shown during what's supposed to be a major jewelry event. I thought the TSV bracelet was beautiful, but again, not right now... The timing for this event, though somewhat historical, is sort of unfortunate... Right after Christmas and right after their gem day... A few months down the road and I might have been more wowed...

Wink

Wow, stevieb...zilch? Amazing! You win as the best behaved of us all. Looks like TK did some damage...I need to look up her item numbers to see what she chose! I agree with you that there should have been more diversity in gems in gold. Even Mr. Lily said he is getting tired of SBT!! I think Antonella is having a Gold Rush recap tonight, so I think you can still get the good prices if you decide to go for your one single item after all. Smile I never thought about the timing for this Gold Rush...it is a bit much after Christmas and gem day, but many people at this time start thinking ahead about their tax returns and maybe they received some $$$ for the holidays that they're looking to spend, that is, if they don't use THAT money to pay off their credit cards from holiday shopping!!!

Honored Contributor

Don't feel bad EEL... I boxed a good bit of the decorations, and they just sit in that spare bedroom (you know, the one from hades), but meanwhile two Christmas trees remain up and fully decorated. Fortunately, they're both artificial... Hey, what can I say. I'll get to it. Someday. And if I don't, well, I'll be ready to go come next November.

My mom is very limited at this point with arthritis but we still get out and about from time to time... But yes, in the day, we did enjoy our shopping trips... These days, it's usually just a single store or maybe two.

Yes, I saw where TK apparently did some damage... or maybe we should say more... damage. I'll wait until the final count, actually, from both of you... before looking up any item numbers...

Shockingly enough, I'm not even watching the DB show that's on right now... I do see from looking online that I didn't miss anything in which I might've been even a little interested. I did miss my namesake, but fortunately, I also missed the Logo Lock...

Wink

Break a leg tonight at the Tropicana...

{#emotions_dlg.laugh}

In my pantry with my cupcakes...
Honored Contributor

Don't feel bad EEL... I boxed a good bit of the decorations, and they just sit in that spare bedroom (you know, the one from hades), but meanwhile two Christmas trees remain up and fully decorated. Fortunately, they're both artificial... Hey, what can I say. I'll get to it. Someday. And if I don't, well, I'll be ready to go come next November.

My mom is very limited at this point with arthritis but we still get out and about from time to time... But yes, in the day, we did enjoy our shopping trips... These days, it's usually just a single store or maybe two.

Yes, I saw where TK apparently did some damage... or maybe we should say more... damage. I'll wait until the final count, actually, from both of you... before looking up any item numbers...

Shockingly enough, I'm not even watching the DB show that's on right now... I do see from looking online that I didn't miss anything in which I might've been even a little interested. I did miss my namesake, but fortunately, I also missed the Logo Lock...

Wink

Break a leg tonight at the Tropicana...

{#emotions_dlg.laugh}

Sigh about your Mom's arthritis, stevieb! That's good you can still go to one or two stores though.

I didn't get home in time to see the Stevie bag! I'm hoping a video comes up.

I sort of watched the show on the computer this afternoon while doing other things. Need to tone it down on the handbag purchases!!!

But now, the Tropicana awaits...Wink

Valued Contributor
Hey, I see you two!! Smiley Happy I checked other sites and their 10K (ugly) gold cost more than Q 14K gold!! So, I'm trying to take advantage of it....$139 for a gold ring?!?! Seems cheap to me, especially that last TSV silver ring cost $100!
Honored Contributor

True, TK, but keep in mind that other ring did feature diamonds... They might be really, really small diamonds, but they're still diamonds... Don't buy all this stuff about the value of SB simply because the mine is, uh, closed... But yea, gold is gold and Ifor one love it! All that said, if you enjoy your purchases that's what matters!

In my pantry with my cupcakes...