Honored Contributor

Re: OMG what is going on with watches?

I yearn for beautiful watches. Do I have to go sit in the naughty corner?
Respected Contributor

On 10/3/2014 violann said: I yearn for beautiful watches. Do I have to go sit in the naughty corner?

You may need a ""time"" out.......

Don't worry, be Happy!
Esteemed Contributor

We each have OUR THING that we collect. Mine is gadgets. People don't understand MY GADGET THING. I don't wear a watch (cell phone instead) and I don't carry handbags (purses). I like grocery bag totes. ($1.99 or less)

Honored Contributor

OK, so maybe 6 years ago I went on a "Watch Craze". I bought so many watches, I stand and say, "Where was your brain". Most of them are large faces with thick bands. A lot of them are Joan River's cuff watches.

They are lovely, well made but I'm almost 70. I have arthritis in my hands and well, everywhere.

I keep wearing the smaller watches I used to own (the same ones). I also had a jewelry company near me replace all of the batteries maybe a few years back. Even though I pulled out the stem (when I remembered) the batteries still ran down.

I wear a watch now just for jewelry. The one's I wear match my outfit and are much smaller than all of the other one's I have. When someone says, "What time is it?" I pull out my IPHONE5 and tell them! If I added all of the money I paid for those stupid batteries!

I can bare the idea of getting rid of them. I'm hoping my granddaughters and eventually my friends would like them.

Valued Contributor

OH BROTHER!!! It is a SALES PITCH PEOPLE!!!

Respected Contributor

On 10/3/2014 annabellethecat said:

OK, so maybe 6 years ago I went on a "Watch Craze". I bought so many watches, I stand and say, "Where was your brain". Most of them are large faces with thick bands. A lot of them are Joan River's cuff watches.

They are lovely, well made but I'm almost 70. I have arthritis in my hands and well, everywhere.

I keep wearing the smaller watches I used to own (the same ones). I also had a jewelry company near me replace all of the batteries maybe a few years back. Even though I pulled out the stem (when I remembered) the batteries still ran down.

I wear a watch now just for jewelry. The one's I wear match my outfit and are much smaller than all of the other one's I have. When someone says, "What time is it?" I pull out my IPHONE5 and tell them! If I added all of the money I paid for those stupid batteries!

I can bare the idea of getting rid of them. I'm hoping my granddaughters and eventually my friends would like them.

I would say that "time" is a necessity for you. Smile

Don't worry, be Happy!
Honored Contributor

ROFL... I'm finding the "hard sell" the hosts are making regarding some of these products absolutely ridiculous.

I think my mouth dropped open when WEN was on promoting the 1 gallon 6-13 recently. I thought the female hosts were having a "personal moment" in regard to the scent... OMG... I mean, I love WEN and find 6-13 very nice (and not outrageously nice) but personal moment nice??? Uhhh.... no.

I really don't mean to be critical, but please... it's a great product, but get a grip.

*~"Never eat more than you can lift......" Miss Piggy~*
Respected Contributor

On 10/3/2014 Q4u said:

ROFL... I'm finding the "hard sell" the hosts are making regarding some of these products absolutely ridiculous.

I think my mouth dropped open when WEN was on promoting the 1 gallon 6-13 recently. I thought the female hosts were having a "personal moment" in regard to the scent... OMG... I mean, I love WEN and find 6-13 very nice (and not outrageously nice) but personal moment nice??? Uhhh.... no.

I really don't mean to be critical, but please... it's a great product, but get a grip.

How did we manage to get on Wen?

Don't worry, be Happy!
Respected Contributor

According to LR,people are leading with them...LOL!
Respected Contributor

On 10/3/2014 birkin baby said: According to LR,people are leading with them...LOL!

Does that mean we have time on a leash walking it out in front of us? {#emotions_dlg.biggrin} Some times these show hosts just need to explain themselves a little better and get with the "times"

Don't worry, be Happy!