Respected Contributor

OK Shoe Vendors....enough with the velcro!

Luckily, I am still able to buckle a buckle and tie a shoelace...........I understand that there are some who appreciate the velcro, especially if they have challenges, but it seems to be appearing on so many shoes now.  The day may come when I need it, but I do think it detracts from the look (for me)!

Honored Contributor

Re: OK Shoe Vendors....enough with the velcro!

I love velcro on shoes.  I don't have any physical challenges but I find shoe buckles and tying laces  to be a nuisance.  Velcro is easy on easy off. 

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@HULAGIRLI think it is necessary and appropriate on certain types of shoes that are outdoor active sandals (like Chacos).  Other than that, not particularly attractive although my Naots have velco and I love those shoes (style and comfort the best ).   Someone with disabilities may find this a necessary feature, so the choice might be critical for some.

Honored Contributor

I don't know what's so unattractive about it, who notices?

I like the adjustability of velcro.

I have one wonky foot, some days it's happy, other days not so much.

The velcro helps to adjust the shoe to fit on the unhappy days.

Valued Contributor

i say the same thing about strech pants every one on the q offers this. I do not want strech pants. so I will not buy your clothes.

Trusted Contributor

My four pair of Vionics have Velcro straps.  I couldn't wear without Velcro as I am foot challenged having narrow feet.  Very few shoemakers  recognize AA and AAA narrow feet.  

Esteemed Contributor

I am wearing a pair of ryka shoes with velcro and love it ... so easy. Woman Very Happy

Honored Contributor

I have been thinking why do so few vendors make shoes with velcro.  Looking for a pair for my mother has turned out to be a challenge.

Honored Contributor

I overheard my baby brother (age 63) telling my GS-his great nephew (age 18) that the only people you see wearing velcro shoes are young kids & old people.837514213.gif

"Never argue with a fool. Onlookers may not be able to tell the difference."

220-AuCC-US-CRM-Header-Update.gif

Respected Contributor

I don't want Velcro on my dressier shoes, but for all others, bring it on!  I think some shoes look better with laces, but I have shoes with laces for winter that I'm always having to retie or else have double knots that are a pain to untie. Velcro is certainly easier. What I don't like is when the Velcro is used but is in no way adjustable. It should provide some adjustability, not just ease of getting on and off.