Frequent Contributor

Nude Ostrich G.I.L.I. Milano Interesting color

I know this has been discussed before when the Milano's were the TSV, but I had gotten the black in the TSV and I loved it so much, I just ordered and received the Nude Ostrich. Definitely a different feel to the leather...much stiffer leather than the pebble... I love the slouchy, soft pebble leather but I like this stiffer leather too. . I know it will soften but I actually like the structure.

The color is really unusual... Not white at all.... I have read the reviews of those that love it and those that don't. But I find it really interesting.... I heard another host besides Lisa describe it as French Vanilla... and I think that is a little more accurate than nude...

It really does pick up the hue of what you are wearing... today, I am wearing all brown, and the brown trim on the bag along with my clothes are making it look a light tan color.

Against black... it has a slightly blush color...

I am fascinated by it... I have never really liked white bags and didn't want one now, but everyone's description of the color had me ordering this.

I will probably get one more color, but can't decide which one.

Respected Contributor

Re: Nude Ostrich G.I.L.I. Milano Interesting color

A friend of mine got it and its beautiful. Shades of peach or pink when you look at it in different light. So much better than any white or cream bag I have ever seen.

Frequent Contributor

I got one and expected it to be a creamy winter white and it was definitely more blush to me. I didn't care for the shade so I sent mine back.
Frequent Contributor

DJ, I certainly understand if you were wanting a creamy winter white, that this is NOT that color...

I am not a big fan of white bags... so I discounted this color from the first presentation... but the more reviews I read about it being peach, or blush or takes on the hue of what you are wearing... the more intrigued I was about it..

I love the color... especially when wearing browns because the brown trim on on the bag really makes the lighter color appear a very light tan...

but, I agree... anyone thinking about this color of the Milano and wanting a winter white... this is NOT winter white... at all..

Valued Contributor

I am so glad you posted this about the Nude Ostrich. Last night I had searched for any threads describing this shade and couldn't find them. Guess I'm not a good searcher. The color sounds unusual and that appeals to me. I have the Natural Ostrich and yearn for another hobo.

So, can you all weigh in with what your eye sees, and tell me if this color leans toward pink? I can embrace peach, but not rosey tones. I think Pat described it on air as French vanilla. That sends me toward a yellow shading. Sing out ladies. {#emotions_dlg.biggrin} And thanks.

Frequent Contributor

I think it's more Peach than pink. Although there is a slight blush to it too. I think French Vanilla is accurate but I don't see yellow.. It is just unusual. It does seem to pick up the hue of colors it is put against.