Esteemed Contributor

Nike "Free" sneakers

[ Edited ]

The style of the Nike sneakers that I tried on and was totally disappointed in was the Nike "Free" sneaker. (The sneaker isn't free, that's the name of the style as it's a running shoe that does not have a heel counter (the upside down piece of plastic between the shoe lining and the outer fabric that stiffens the heel collar of the shoe.

Winners and Winners/Homesense had two different styles of these Nike sneakers and neither of them fit me. They were too narrow and too shallow and I could not even pull on the slip on sneaker over my foot. I tried on an 8M and an 8.5M and could not pull them on at all.

The lace up version wasn't much better as the plastic outside of the shoe where you place the shoe laces made the shoe uncomfortable when flexing the shoe. Oh well, at least I know I can write off looking at anymore of this style of Nike shoes and I'm glad I was at least able to try them on in store as I was not going to order these shoes without trying them on.

The reviews of these shoes also had complaints about them running too narrow and I definitely agree with that!

edit for typo

Valued Contributor

@TY 

Nike used to be consistent in sizing but no longer are unfortunately.