Valued Contributor

Re: Newer Thread- Gili Milano's are arriving on door steps!! Reviews??

On 10/29/2014 okiebug said:

kitty, that's exactly my thoughts about the croco. I don't have any issues with the color or the design. It's just too stiff.

Right now I have it hanging with 2 32 oz bottles inside it and it is looking much better - the weight is pulling it down where it needs to be.

Thanks so much for the tip! I'm glad it's helping. Now I need to go shopping for those bottles. Smiley Happy I think I'll keep the crocodile, after all. It's very unique and the first croco bag I actually like. Don't care for the ones by Dooney.
Valued Contributor

Stevie & Chi-town girl, thank you so much for all your comments, suggestions, and sympathies Smiley Happy I really appreciate your responses! I think you are right and I'll be sending the brown snake back for an exchange ASAP. I do love the bag. It puddles so nicely it looks way smaller than it is. Croco is very pretty and doesn't look defective so I'll give it a try...and the proper training Smiley Happy
Honored Contributor

I like Dooney's Croco Fino line better than their regular croco... Brahmin makes some pretty croco bags as well... I do love the look of this one though.

In my pantry with my cupcakes...
Valued Contributor

Stevie, as far as the hype....well, you might be on to something. You should have stayed away from hobos since you are a satchel person, historically Smiley Wink I agree with you that the handle on the croco is a bit too short. And the bag is too big for a crossbody. I'd only use crossbody strap if I travel overseas with this bag. In which case it's nice to have the zippers! I think this style of the bag is exactly my style so I have no regrets. Just wish I didn't have to exchange the snake one. But honestly, I love these bags so much I'm not really sure how much use the other bags will get Smiley Happy sigh. I think I might have too many handbags Smiley Wink oh and interesting -- I actually think I prefer this bag to Roma 2. I like the fact that the handle drop is longer and the zipper keeps the inside secure for traveling. I also like the leather quality more on this one. And yep, my binder is important especially once I'm back to traveling for work! Smiley Happy although most of my paperwork will go into my laptop bag, but it's nice to have options.
Respected Contributor

Have to somewhat agree with the statement "stay away from Hobos if you are a Satchel person"--they are kind of the direct opposite of each other in handbags. This is actually my first Hobo style, being one of those satchel people. I still like it a lot. I love the look. I missed the GILI 2 and it didn't speak to me somehow like this bag. Though I love the look of both of them.

If the Snakeskin gal's bag is badly constructed, it's well to return it (no cost for defects, call CS) and exchange for another. Otherwise down the road, it's a potential problem to have it repaired. Even though this isn't a four hundred dollar bag, it's not cheap and I'd be wanting every penny to go to a properly constructed bag.

I'd love to carry mine today but I haven't figured out what outfits will look good with it. I think it's going to go on my knit Linea skirts (in various winter colors) with cream accessories (like a cream and print scarf) I may also get some brown slacks and wear bone shoes and a light sweater or pashmina. It's funny but it looks like a bag that either goes with dressy casual (good quality jeans or pants) or lots of good wools in skirts, jackets.

Honored Contributor

I purchased the natural ostrich version of this bag. I am so disappointed. The bag is stiff to the point of not even feeling like leather, the handles are even stiffer. It sounds like this bag in some of the other colors/finishes are very different. I have the 2nd generation Roma 2 bag in black, and that bag is the best handbag out of many that I own. That Roma 2 in black is gorgeous, supple and luxurious. This Milano natural ostrich, while looking fabulous, does not feel good and I would not want to use it. I would have to wear this several times to try to determine if the softness that I want would indeed develop with time. There are too many other fabulous handbags out there to take that risk. This is going back, unfortunately. I'm glad there are many more very happy Milano handbag owners out there.

Respected Contributor

Stealth buyer here, reporting in! (Full disclosure - I, too, am a satchel person).

I really liked the skins and choice of trims, even though I thought the bags looked odd (like a cat head) on the stands. I also liked the look of the taupe ostrich sitting in its natural habitat - on the counter. Knowing that I would be away from TV and Internet most of the day on Monday, I purchased the chestnut croco, taupe ostrich, and black late Sunday afternoon. I got home in time to see the final presentation on PM Style Monday evening (couldn't watch that video with Pat and Jayne presenting them in the 10 minutes I snatched away from work mid-morning), and was pretty happy with how well they appeared on air. The bags arrived yesterday.

Black - a keeper for sure. I really don't know how anyone could dislike this bag. I love the natural ostrich trim. The leather is first-rate. The zippers operate smoothly, it holds my wallet and workout clothes and small lunch and actually looks quite nice, stuffed that way sitting here in my office. I think the black is the most elegant and chic-looking of the choices. I like the fact that it is somewhat understated.

Taupe ostrich - on the fence about this one. I love it, but the spots have a few smears and the zipper is a bit wonky on each end near the top. I can't tell if that problem will resolve itself over a few weeks or not, and I hate to carry a bag and return it so it can be foisted on someone else. I was hoping the bag would be taupe and not gray, so the color mis-naming is not an issue for me.

Chestnut croco - a definite return. I love the skin, but no amount of patience or leather softening is going to fix the problem with those zippers, which are practically inoperable. They are either sewn crookedly, or the zipper is just plain bad. I think the latter is the case, because the teeth feel rough when I run my finger over them.

I saw the picture (posted on another thread) of the fabulous L.V. hobo after which this is probably patterned. That's a fabulous bag, too, but for the money I spent I am happy with the black GILI.

Respected Contributor

Mine will be delivered today and I'm so excited. (Unusual for me). Will be posting my comment about grey.

Super Contributor

On 10/29/2014 stevieb said:

I like Dooney's Croco Fino line better than their regular croco... Brahmin makes some pretty croco bags as well... I do love the look of this one though.

I passed on this one as a TSV in favor of acquiring it "As-Is" in the future! It gives me the opportunity to read the reviews and get it at a discounted price ( which we all know I love lol )! In my opinion, GILI bags are hit or miss in quality and design, which is another reason I prefer reading the reviews before buying...however, I'm very happy for those who love theirs!!! I agree with Stevie...Dooney's Croco Fino is beautiful...Brahmin and Cole Haan also have gorgeous Croco Embossed bags. It really is a personal preference!
Respected Contributor

On 10/29/2014 tough_kitty said: Sorry to hear about your disappointment, stevie. I have a feeling I won't be too thrilled with the black one, either. We shall see next week. In the meantime, I love my brown snake bag! It's beautiful and goes well with the gold hardware. As expected, it's huge, so I love the fact that it puddles. Not bothered by the stitching on the handle. Looks decent enough and barely noticeable. Maybe it's different with the black bag since it has lighter handle. The only thing that I noticed that is wrong is the ends of the handles - the square hardware isn't permanently attached and it shifts almost as if the screws were not attached correctly. I'm afraid it may lead to the breaking of the handles as one of the customer posted, so I'm considering getting an exchange.... The croco bag is pretty too, and doesn't have the handle problem. They are permanently attached to the G part of the side hardware. However, I'm not sure I like the way this bag carries given the fact that it's a hobo. It's so stiff and doesn't drape very well. Especially with the zippers closed. Hmmm. Will have to give it time to think about it. Incidentally, I tried to find my purse organizer and it's nowhere to be found!! I checked all of my purses twice for good measure... I'm sure I wouldn't keep it outside of a purse so I'm guessing I must have left it behind in the oryany anaconda bette bag I returned. Oops. Now I'm thinking hard trying to remember if I left anything in the organizer but I don't think so. At least it was only $6.99 Smiley Happy so, any thoughts on the stiffness of those bags?? I like it if I look inside the bag but it just doesn't hang on my shoulder very well....

My ostritch is stiff too but I know it will loosen up so I am good with it. Love my bags and just bought the pursefection here on qvc for it. I would exchange your brown snake now while its still in stock and you get a brand spanking new one.