Frequent Contributor

Re: Newer Thread- Gili Milano's are arriving on door steps!! Reviews??

On 10/28/2014 Krissie22 said:

NowPurple, thanks for the reviews! Glad your bags don't stink, I know you had a heck of a time with the Roma's.

Personally I would wear the chestnut croco year round, but I don't pay much attention to rules like that. I have the gray ostrich on the way as well. It will be my first ostrich too. I always thought the dots were weird, and even though it's fake, I think of the bird's feathers being pulled out there and it creeps me out. So I'm curious to see how I like the ostrich in person. That one is a few days and several states away from me right now. {#emotions_dlg.rolleyes}

Krissie22 - have you ever seen an ostrich from another designer? I never really paid attention since I was always looking at smooth or pebbled leather. I wonder if the painting is like that on all designer bags. Maybe I just got a bad bag. The weight and color are perfect (for me at least).

Regular Contributor

On 10/28/2014 nowpurple said:
On 10/28/2014 Krissie22 said:

NowPurple, thanks for the reviews! Glad your bags don't stink, I know you had a heck of a time with the Roma's.

Personally I would wear the chestnut croco year round, but I don't pay much attention to rules like that. I have the gray ostrich on the way as well. It will be my first ostrich too. I always thought the dots were weird, and even though it's fake, I think of the bird's feathers being pulled out there and it creeps me out. So I'm curious to see how I like the ostrich in person. That one is a few days and several states away from me right now. {#emotions_dlg.rolleyes}

Krissie22 - have you ever seen an ostrich from another designer? I never really paid attention since I was always looking at smooth or pebbled leather. I wonder if the painting is like that on all designer bags. Maybe I just got a bad bag. The weight and color are perfect (for me at least).

I never really paid attention to ostrich until Lisa made such a big deal about it in the Roma 2. Since then I've seen pics of Dooney's and Gucci's in ostrich, and they did look well done, but those were photos. I don't think I've ever seen an ostrich print bag in person at all, whether at a store or someone carrying it. But when I saw the gray on Lisa's FB, I fell in love with it. I also like the nude, and no dots to worry about with that one. Maybe someone with more ostrich experience will chime in here, because I honestly have no idea.

Contributor

A black and a gray were delivered to me in Ohio today. Regular shipping. I unwrapped the gray and put my stuff in it. The black is still wrapped in plastic. My gray is definitely gray-ish. I love it. Hardware is nice and it looks well made and "expensive". The ostrich dots look good too. My only complaint is the tassel is definitely gray, while the bag is gray-ish. I will use it tomorrow (in the wild) and decide if the color difference is a deal breaker. I love the black. I have an "as-is" Roma 2 espresso brown that gets compliments every time I carry it, and a Roma 2.1 in natural ostrich that has become my favorite all time bag. I get compliments on that one too, but not as frequently as the espresso. Go figure.
Regular Contributor

On 10/28/2014 Suz_What said: A black and a gray were delivered to me in Ohio today. Regular shipping. I unwrapped the gray and put my stuff in it. The black is still wrapped in plastic. My gray is definitely gray-ish. I love it. Hardware is nice and it looks well made and "expensive". The ostrich dots look good too. My only complaint is the tassel is definitely gray, while the bag is gray-ish. I will use it tomorrow (in the wild) and decide if the color difference is a deal breaker. I love the black. I have an "as-is" Roma 2 espresso brown that gets compliments every time I carry it, and a Roma 2.1 in natural ostrich that has become my favorite all time bag. I get compliments on that one too, but not as frequently as the espresso. Go figure.

"In the wild". LOL

Please report back after you and your new bag have had a day out. {#emotions_dlg.biggrin}

Regular Contributor

Actually sounds like quite a few Milano's get to stretch their wings tomorrow!

Valued Contributor

Great reviews! So far, it seems like most are happy with the croco and snakes, but opinions are more divided on black and especially grey ostrich.
Contributor

On 10/28/2014 Make-up LVR said:
On 10/28/2014 My3girls said: My grey ostrich is in the box in my dining room just waiting to be opened. I'm dying!!! Waiting for hubby to go upstairs so I can open it. If he sees me he'll just ask why I need another bag ????????. Lol

Men, they just don't get it... Smiley Wink

So true MakeUp LVR!!! Anyway, finally got to my grey ostrich. It is GORGEOUS! Love the mushroom/taupe color. Was darker than I expected but I still love. Hardware is beautiful. I have the natural ostrich in the Roma 2 so I know this bag will soften with wear. There's no smudging that I can see right now. Just can't wait to use it!! It's also larger than I thought but once all the paper is out of it it slouches to just the perfect size. Can't wait for all those waiting to get theirs Smiley Happy

I received my black one today. As others have stated it is so soft. I had a purse organizer for my Roma 2 and put it in the hobo bag and it fit perfectly.

I love the softness of the bag and it hangs on the shoulder with the short strap perfectly. The crossbody strap is great as well. I wasn't sure if I would like the different colors but I really do like them.

I am very happy with the purchase and will take it to work tomorrow.

Occasional Contributor

Hi ladies! I received the cream snake today, via UPS. I must say, it was packaged beautifully. Very nice quality bag, soft to the touch and the seam is not very noticeable. I also like the brown leather handle, very chic. I thought this might be too large for me, but nope, this one is a keeper. I ordered last week while we were at Disney, my dear Hunny thought I was nuts, but after seeing it today he said, "That's a great bag" yay, so excited! Here is hoping all the bags travel swiftly to their new homes!! Enjoy!
Frequent Contributor

FYI...there may be a Grey Ostrich now available, as I just CANCELLED my order as I read many negative reviews regarding the shade.....will wait for the Crocodile to reappear at a later time.