Contributor

Re: Newer Thread- Gili Milano's are arriving on door steps!! Reviews??

My Grey Ostrich is not grey or taupe or brown. I would call it Violet. My Black is very nice. I think I will try to Exchange my Violet aka grey for the Snake or Natural. The Zipper on my black is much smoother than the Grey. I guess all the differences in the Handbags can be chalked up to mass production but I really do like my black. I hope everyone gets the bag they want and it meets all your expectations---but at least we do have the option to exchange or return >even if it is a drag.

Valued Contributor

On 11/5/2014 Chi-town girl said:
On 11/5/2014 tough_kitty said:
On 11/4/2014 tough_kitty said: At last, I got my black hobo! It's really pretty. What's interesting, even as soft as it is, it doesn't puddle as much as the brown snake! I will have to give it more time to decide if I keep it.... I'm leaning towards a yes. However, the handle is so squeaky!!! Any ideas how to fix that?? It seems like the leather is rubbing against the hardware and making a squeaky sound!

TK-Glad you are happy with your Milano handbags. And don't just use your IM "Chanel" bag for special occasions. I think it would look great with jeans & hip leather jacket/casual wear too! Enjoy!!!

Hey, thanks! I read your comments about the hobo Smiley Sad(( maybe you can exchange it for the brown snake?? It's lovely and if you do an exchange, they won't charge you the new price! Just something to consider.
Yes, I'm considering options. Have a snake bag already-Roma2 cream snake, so I wanted to add something new to my wardrobe-the ostrich or croco. Disappointed about the smears. I read all of the reviews on the website plus the threads in this forum-seems to be a common problem with the ostrich finish. When I consider the fact that I would be reluctant to spend $200 at a retail store for something with this type of flaw, I'm compelled to return it....I hate indecision ;-)
I hear ya! And I totally understand your logic Smiley Happy AND the indecision since these bags are really nice in terms of the design but all those defects are very disappointing. The croco is nice, however, some ladies got the bags with the hornback pattern not being centered in the front of the bag! If you go back to look at some pics, you'll see what I mean. Even the pic on the item page is off. It seems like the brown snake had the least amount of issues. Or the black but it sold out. I say, exchange it for the brown snake, see if you like it and if you don't, try to exchange it again Smiley Happy at least with the brown snake you know you'll be getting a brand new bag.
Valued Contributor

I just posted a negative review for the Milano. I ordered the black and while I love the style, I felt the hardware was flimsy and was planning to return. Never used the bag. I wrapped it right back up and kept it in the box until I could go to the post office on Saturday. Well I was second guessing myself and took out the bag to look at it again and make sure I still wanted to return. Upon closer inspection, I found that a pin in one of the hinges on the handle is loose. That part of the handle is completely unsecured.

Ladies check your bags and then check them again...

Regular Contributor

On 11/7/2014 foo foo shi shi said:

I just posted a negative review for the Milano. I ordered the black and while I love the style, I felt the hardware was flimsy and was planning to return. Never used the bag. I wrapped it right back up and kept it in the box until I could go to the post office on Saturday. Well I was second guessing myself and took out the bag to look at it again and make sure I still wanted to return. Upon closer inspection, I found that a pin in one of the hinges on the handle is loose. That part of the handle is completely unsecured.

If you don't mind me asking, how were you able to tell it was loose? I've been looking at the pins in all of my Milano's, because from reading the reviews that seems to be the part that fails consistently. If I keep them I will superglue them and hope that works, but I hate having to worry about it.

Regular Contributor

On 10/30/2014 Krissie22 said:

I have so far the brown snake, black, cream snake and gray (haha) ostrich, with the nude ostrich on the way. My first impression is that I am underwhelmed, but that may be because I'm just in a bad mood. Who knows.

I don't have a structured purse organizer, so am going on the natural super puddley nature of the bags. Side note - I love the skins and would be over the moon to get them in the Roma 3. The way this bag turns up at both side in it's U shape, though, pulls the leather in an awkward way and bunches up the zipper. It looks like it will be a pain to get things in and out of for this reason, and take 2 hands to do so. Closing the zipper will also take 2 hands.

I have the GILI Chelsea Hobo, which is a very similar design, and it hangs PERFECTLY, empty or full, so I don't know why this bag is so weird. I'm going to have to load one of them up and see how it carries, and will report back.

As far as the colors go -

Gray Ostrich - not gray, which we know, but my favorite looking Milano. It's my first ostrich ever, and there are smears galore, but unless you are looking for them they're not really noticeable. It's a little stiffer, but not bad, and I may end up preferring that to the super soft skins. It's a cool color and design, no doubt about it.

Brown Snake - I guess I like this, I mean, it was the first one I picked out last June. This skin would be dreamy in something like the Roma where it wasn't all folded up.

Cream Snake - Same as the Roma 2, which I have and which is why I bought this. It's fabulous, though the bunched up design here doesn't show it off.

Black - Pretty much been covered here. I like ostrich strap, though there is some smearing. I think I would really like the natural ostrich, but I'm afraid of getting a smeared one, and the return/exchange process is such a drag.

I don't mean to sound like such a downer here. I expected a more out of the box wow factor, especially since this bag has a zipper and is more my kind of bag than the Roma 2, and yet the Roma's jumped out of their boxes and made me love them.

I definitely need to load one up and carry it, and hopefully then I will love them.

Glad to hear everyone's reviews.

Hi Krissie-I am also not thrilled with the quality of the Grey Ostrich-dot paint smears. Most likely sending it back. Have you made any decisions yet?

Hi Chi-town girl -

No, not yet. I am a jumble of indecision as well. I've been training the grey ostrich and it really grown on me - they all have. I carried the black today and love it. I can see why Stevie removes the tassels, though. It flops around at the most inconvenient times.

I am testing out the theory of if I saw it in a store would I buy it for $200, because Lisa's sales pitch (magic), plus easy pay, makes them hard to pass up, so I am trying for a reality check.

Anyway, I am loving them right now and torn. Luckily I have some more time. The 2 snakes are staying for sure, I think.

BTW, did you get the Vince Camuto TS knee high boots? I did and loved them, but sent them back because I needed a different size. They are awesome boots, though.

Respected Contributor

On 11/5/2014 birkin baby said: I don't own any GILI,but love handbags. I have a question about GILI bags. I read lots of threads and posts about training,massaging, working stiff or wavy zippers,etc. I have not heard of doing any of these things with other bags.I have some very nice,high end bags. Never have I ended to do these things or been instructed by a sales person to do them. Have y'all ever had any other bag brands that ever needed these special training techniques? They are pretty bags!!!!

I don't get this training stuff either. I have 4 Gili's and would never put them through some of the stuff ladies are doing to them. they soften as they age and like myself I want them to age gradually and with class. Really no need to be battering your bags ladies. Silly.

Highlighted
Respected Contributor

I received the Grey Snake Gili Milano bag yesterday. It's a fine bag, but won't work for me. I packed it up, and it's headed back to QVC today.

I have the previous Gili TSV bags in Blush and Natural Ostrich, and I like those bags a lot. They have more structure than the Hobo bag. I was hoping there would be a smaller bag like this in the future, but that's not to be.

Valued Contributor

On 11/7/2014 Krissie22 said:

If you don't mind me asking, how were you able to tell it was loose? I've been looking at the pins in all of my Milano's, because from reading the reviews that seems to be the part that fails consistently. If I keep them I will superglue them and hope that works, but I hate having to worry about it.

If you are able to shift that square hardware attached to the "G" part to the sides, then it's loose.

Valued Contributor

Sorry still new to the forums and haven't figured out how to post photos, quotes properly.

I have photos of my black milano handle that show pretty clearly a hole / gap where there should be a pin. It did feel as though the hinges had some give side to side. The pins holding the hinge together are really teeny and seemed weak from the start. This is a very critical part of the bag, just think how much strain is placed on hardware that attaches the handles to our bags. The hardware has to hold up. Had I loaded the bag and been out and about, the hinge would have fallen apart completely.

It's a shame because it's a gorgeous bag. I hope it's just a fluke and that the majority of others out there are perfect.

Honored Contributor

On 11/7/2014 Krissie22 said:

If any of your bags have loose hardware, please do not superglue them and hope for the best... No matter how much you might like them, this will not solve the problem on a permanent basis. Eventually, the superglue will come undone and then what...? If there's a flawed bag then send it back and request a replacement. Then hope the replacement is intact. Do you really want the handle to drop off a two hundred dollar handbag after it's too late to return it...?

In my pantry with my cupcakes...