Contributor

Re: New Thread for Gili HOBO TSV- Who bought it??

On 10/27/2014 gardensla said:
On 10/27/2014 ItsMe13 said:

Does anyone know if this GILI line owned by Lisa Robertson?

Just wondering - it seems she is the one who promotes this often.

As has been said many, many times (though if you're new I guess this is news to you), QVC owns "GILI" but Lisa "designs" it.

No one knows where the line will go in 2015, though Lisa did say she "designed" a year's worth of handbags and at least one season of clothing.

Yep, I'm new - don't really follow Lisa R. - but since she is leaving, I'm guessing designing these items is her "new job"?

Honored Contributor

On 10/27/2014 imaclotheshog said:

I did not purchase it. I have no faith in the quality of the GILI leather bags now, since I tried the first GILI bag she did and the quality was not what I expected (which I did not order because of her to begin with, I just decided I liked the bag). I returned it. I won't try any other GILI bags now. I won't take the chance that I "may" get one with incorrectly stitched or peeling handles or flaking tassles. No thank you. I will save my money for name brand bags that I know are of better quality.

There so much talk on this thread about hating Lisa if you say you didn't buy the bag and aren't interested in it because of her and her line. I don't want anything from her GILI leather line and her clothing line isn't much better, IMO. And I don't hate Lisa, I just don't care for her. I am not disappointed she's leaving, I think it will be a good thing for many reasons. I think it's time for her to move on. I think that she has created a bit of a cult and some people sort of lose their minds over her and fawn over her which is weird.....that's IMO --not a good thing. Also, I think her being there has inhibited the professional growth of other show hosts and that's not a good thing. I think that other hosts will be given the opportunities to do things that they were not able to do with her there. So that is a good thing for the other hosts. Lisa has monopolized things and run things at QVC for too long and I think that's been a bad thing. She needs to move on for many reasons. Change is good!

If you bought the TSV bag today that's great, enjoy it! And if you didn't, like the rest of us, that should be alright too and you shouldn't be snarked at.

Everyone is utterly free to purchase what they want and to not purchase what they don't. That said, fortunate indeed are those who've never received a bum steer by purchasing only a 'name' brand... Of the GILI bags I own, none of them have exhibited the problems cited, and all of them are lovely, have been nicely executed and have worn well...

As for Lisa, no one here indicated those uninterested in her or her line must then by definition 'hate' her. Some of us have reacted to snarky remarks clearly aimed at Lisa veiled as comments about the bag, which is the supposed focus of the thread.

We'll also have to agree to disagree about Lisa's value to the organization. Personally, I'd bet the farm that given their druthers TPTB would be happy to hold onto her, all other things being equal... I also don't buy the argument that she's held QVC or other hosts back. If management saw a valid reason to have other hosts supersede Lisa or supplant her in her role, I feel sure they'd have made the change. I'd posit they're neither afraid of nor in awe of Lisa. She enjoys the position she holds, until her departure, because they permit her to... not simply because she has chosen to... If QVC has grown stale, it isn't because of Lisa but because of management choices made along the way, particularly over the last half decade. If Lisa appears to have grown a bit stale in her role, and I can agree that at times she does seem to have, it's more than likely largely a function of both having performed the same role for twenty years and because of aforementioned choices made by management that have led to largely rather stale array of merchandise repeated often and presented endlessly...

Thank you for your well wishes to those who purchased the bag, I did, have already received it, and find it a beautiful addition to my array of handbags... Those opting not to purchase are certainly free to pass it up and I would personally not snark at anyone for exercising that choice. Extraneous assumptions made about the bag, however, or veiled commentary aimed at other posters or at Lisa will remain fair game...

Smile

In my pantry with my cupcakes...
Honored Contributor

On 10/27/2014 nantucket shore said:

Why isn't anyone saying anything about the top zippers, as least to me they look "buckled" the way they are sewn.

I would definitely not associate this bag with any higher end priced bags, to me it looks like they cheapened it with those zippers.

I previously noted that I am not in love with the zippers, not because they look buckled, but because entering the bag with the zippers closed is a tad awkward and requires you to zip 'uphill'. That said, it's not a big issue and the bag, overall, is beautiful, nicely made and priced reasonably well. With the bag I've received, anyway, the zippers don't look buckled in person.

Trusted Contributor

On 10/27/2014 ItsMe13 said:

Yep, I'm new - don't really follow Lisa R. - but since she is leaving, I'm guessing designing these items is her "new job"?

ItsMe13, there is no end to all the speculation and really anyone's guess is as good as anyone else's. But FWIW I don't think LR will be doing anything with Q as a guest/vendor/designer/etc. GILI supposedly is a Q line and if she's not a part of Q in any way I don't think she will have any part in GILI.

JMO based on all the reading I've done on the forums about the subject.

{#emotions_dlg.scared}

KJPA
Regular Contributor

On 10/27/2014 stevieb said:
On 10/27/2014 imaclotheshog said:

I did not purchase it. I have no faith in the quality of the GILI leather bags now, since I tried the first GILI bag she did and the quality was not what I expected (which I did not order because of her to begin with, I just decided I liked the bag). I returned it. I won't try any other GILI bags now. I won't take the chance that I "may" get one with incorrectly stitched or peeling handles or flaking tassles. No thank you. I will save my money for name brand bags that I know are of better quality.

There so much talk on this thread about hating Lisa if you say you didn't buy the bag and aren't interested in it because of her and her line. I don't want anything from her GILI leather line and her clothing line isn't much better, IMO. And I don't hate Lisa, I just don't care for her. I am not disappointed she's leaving, I think it will be a good thing for many reasons. I think it's time for her to move on. I think that she has created a bit of a cult and some people sort of lose their minds over her and fawn over her which is weird.....that's IMO --not a good thing. Also, I think her being there has inhibited the professional growth of other show hosts and that's not a good thing. I think that other hosts will be given the opportunities to do things that they were not able to do with her there. So that is a good thing for the other hosts. Lisa has monopolized things and run things at QVC for too long and I think that's been a bad thing. She needs to move on for many reasons. Change is good!

If you bought the TSV bag today that's great, enjoy it! And if you didn't, like the rest of us, that should be alright too and you shouldn't be snarked at.

Everyone is utterly free to purchase what they want and to not purchase what they don't. That said, fortunate indeed are those who've never received a bum steer by purchasing only a 'name' brand... Of the GILI bags I own, none of them have exhibited the problems cited, and all of them are lovely, have been nicely executed and have worn well...

As for Lisa, no one here indicated those uninterested in her or her line must then by definition 'hate' her. Some of us have reacted to snarky remarks clearly aimed at Lisa veiled as comments about the bag, which is the supposed focus of the thread.

We'll also have to agree to disagree about Lisa's value to the organization. Personally, I'd bet the farm that given their druthers TPTB would be happy to hold onto her, all other things being equal... I also don't buy the argument that she's held QVC or other hosts back. If management saw a valid reason to have other hosts supersede Lisa or supplant her in her role, I feel sure they'd have made the change. I'd posit they're neither afraid of nor in awe of Lisa. She enjoys the position she holds, until her departure, because they permit her to... not simply because she has chosen to... If QVC has grown stale, it isn't because of Lisa but because of management choices made along the way, particularly over the last half decade. If Lisa appears to have grown a bit stale in her role, and I can agree that at times she does seem to have, it's more than likely largely a function of both having performed the same role for twenty years and because of aforementioned choices made by management that have led to largely rather stale array of merchandise repeated often and presented endlessly...

Thank you for your well wishes to those who purchased the bag, I did, have already received it, and find it a beautiful addition to my array of handbags... Those opting not to purchase are certainly free to pass it up and I would personally not snark at anyone for exercising that choice. Extraneous assumptions made about the bag, however, or veiled commentary aimed at other posters or at Lisa will remain fair game...

Smile

Thank you, StevieB, for being so beautifully articulate, thoughtful, and graceful in your posts today. You have summed up so much so perfectly.

It's exasperating and discouraging when every single thread that has anything to do with LR, or something she is selling, degenerates into negativity, even the ones that just want to discuss a product or decorating idea. I appreciate your ability to rise above that and use your words. Smile

Honored Contributor

Thank you Krissie, your nicely stated kind words are so appreciated!

Smile

Super Contributor

Wow, they are going fast! Only 3 colors left. All the ones that were offered on waitlist have been removed. Not sure how many more presentations there will be. The good news = OTO's!!

Contributor

Just received my brown snake and unfortunately for my wallet... It's Love! In the past I ordered the Roma 2 in the creme snake but sadly, as beautiful as it was, the shoulder drop was just too short to "fling" it over my shoulder easily. Back it went.. But not this one! Perfect size in my opinion, I'm tall, but don't think its too big for someone smaller. The leather is soft and beautiful, the strap is well made, and I'm loving the hardware. I have to restrain myself from going on wait list for another... But I don't think I have the willpower! I hope you ladies receive yours soon and love them also!
Super Contributor

Wow, so jealous of you ladies that got yours already. I am in CA and it takes FOREVER for me to receive my stuff. My delivery dates aren't until 11-3 and 11-4 {#emotions_dlg.mad}. I ordered the brown snake and the grey ostrich. I said I would only keep one but its looking like based on reviews, that's not gonna happen!

Honored Contributor

On 10/27/2014 faeriemoon said:
On 10/27/2014 stevieb said:
On 10/27/2014 katiescarlett said:

Not me, too expensive and too big.

Hey KS! And THOSE are great reasons not to want it... They have nothing to do with a show host's role in producing it!

So it's not ok to not want it because it's from a shopping channel host's "private" knock-off line. {#emotions_dlg.blink}I don't get why that's not a valid reason to not want it. {#emotions_dlg.huh}

You're right. You don't get it... and trying to explain it would just be too big a waste of valuable time...

{#emotions_dlg.w00t}