Valued Contributor

Re: New GiLi bag Amy presented on new show......

On 3/2/2015 1Professor said:
On 3/2/2015 tough_kitty said: This is one ugly bag...A261874. I got the original version in royal blue ostrich leather for $260!

Was it this one? Love the blue!

Item image

Yep! Smiley Happy Good research skills, Professor! Smiley Wink
Occasional Contributor

I have had ZERO luck with G.I.L.I. The bags are WAY to big and WAY too expensive. The big hobo style where everything is dumped in is just not my cup of tea. Every singe piece of clothing I have ordered has had to go back. The styling is just bad for me, I guess. And the prices are just TOO high. Does QVC think it is Nordstrom???

Honored Contributor

I only carry small bags, but I liked the look of this new bag.
Trusted Contributor

On 3/2/2015 Krissie2 said:
On 3/2/2015 1Professor said:

G.I.L.I. Milano Double Zip Exotic Leather Hobo

The new bag has the SAME handle fasteners that kept failing (with the loose pin) on the GILI Milano bag (above). Why?

I really like this bag, but wouldn't buy another GILI bag with that hardware. I love my Milano's, but there are several reviews that mention the pin coming out.

I agree with Stevie that they are pricing these too high. There is a lot of competition in the $300 range for nice, quality handbags.

I like this bag too - but it's a little costly. I would get it otherwise.

Occasional Contributor

I'm sure someone has answered this on another post, but can someone help answer this for me...there seems to be a lot of "as is" GILI bags. Can someone who has ordered these speak to the problems with the bags or know why there are so many listed this way?
Esteemed Contributor

What a total design flaw to show those bags with stiff middle zips that don't lay flat against the bag. It was noticable on the camel version.
Respected Contributor

The fist thing I noticed was the zippers sticking out on both sides, sure I want to spend $300.00 for something that looks like that. At first I thought that Amy would push the zippers down but no she left them up like they were getting ready for take off and when they showed the models with the flying zippers too, oh well I am not ready for a bag that looks like a bad movie prop.

Don't worry, be Happy!
Respected Contributor

On 3/2/2015 CHTKT said: I'm sure someone has answered this on another post, but can someone help answer this for me...there seems to be a lot of "as is" GILI bags. Can someone who has ordered these speak to the problems with the bags or know why there are so many listed this way?

The GILI bag I ordered is probably on the "as is" list.

I was shocked how cheap looking this handbag looked. I would have been embarrassed to carry this handbag.

The leather was cheap looking, the stiff top zipper was so rough it cut my hand on my first opening.

I returned it the same day.

Regular Contributor

Way too big for me and my tastes

Honored Contributor

I don't personally find the GILI bags to look cheap nor do I find the leather to be grossly inferior... I do find that they're now trying to sell them at a price point that isn't warranted... As for why so many show up in as-is, there appear to have been quality control and design issues over the years, but I think it's also in large part a function of the volume of them they sell... These bags have tended to be big, bulky and in some cases not always well designed so that they don't work for a segment of those who order them. I have and love several of the Roma totes, but none of the other GILI bags I've tried has worked for me and have been returned, including the domed satchel and two of the hobos.

In my pantry with my cupcakes...