Honored Contributor
On 2/4/2015 Amelia604 said:

I hope so too! I am wondering with all these bags how often we will see new ones. Maybe once a month? I definitely miss Lisa a lot.

Yes, when we 1st saw the list, we thought the same-1 per month? But not sure if all went into production and it looks like they are offering pebbled leather as well as exotics for some of the silouettes. I miss Lisa too, but her absence from Q does help with budget control ;-) No one at Q can match her selling skills, even when they tag team them! It's been amusing to watch some of the inept & desperate sales attempts, lol.

The hottest places in hell are reserved for those who, in times of great moral crisis, maintain their neutrality ~  Dante Alighieri
Contributor

It has been pretty hilarious. They kept going on and on about the new large hobo selling out and only grey went on waitlist like two days after they first said it would sell out. I know that bag is absolutely huge, but if I could just buy whatever I want whenever I would buy it because I kinda love it anyway. No it wouldn't be my carry to the store bag, but I would carry it as my gym bag or overnight bag. But since I must be sensible I won't. Honestly, if Lisa was still there and had present it I probably would have bought it. I have save a lot of money since she left, but I spent a lot before she left on stuff in her Posh show. I almost returned my exotic hobo for the Coach Scout bag, but I went and looked at the Coach Scout in stores again and it just didn't stand out for me. It was gorgeous, but I feel like the G.I.L.I. line is unique. Of course that's just my opinion.

Honored Contributor
On 2/4/2015 Amelia604 said:

It has been pretty hilarious. They kept going on and on about the new large hobo selling out and only grey went on waitlist like two days after they first said it would sell out. I know that bag is absolutely huge, but if I could just buy whatever I want whenever I would buy it because I kinda love it anyway. No it wouldn't be my carry to the store bag, but I would carry it as my gym bag or overnight bag. But since I must be sensible I won't. Honestly, if Lisa was still there and had present it I probably would have bought it. I have save a lot of money since she left, but I spent a lot before she left on stuff in her Posh show. I almost returned my exotic hobo for the Coach Scout bag, but I went and looked at the Coach Scout in stores again and it just didn't stand out for me. It was gorgeous, but I feel like the G.I.L.I. line is unique. Of course that's just my opinion.

When Lisa promoted the bags, you had to buy early via her facebook link to get some of the popular color options b/c they would sell out before the 1st presentation. It was a bit crazy, but fun. Now, there is no need to buy early via Amy's facebook page since demand & interest has dropped significantly with Lisa's departure. I like having the time to see the presentation & consider the purchase. Plus slow moving inventory plays in our favor-as Favorite Son stated earlier, I can be patient ;-) Just hope we don't need to see another presentation from the inept Jayne or Pat.

The hottest places in hell are reserved for those who, in times of great moral crisis, maintain their neutrality ~  Dante Alighieri
Contributor

Yea, I miss the early photos on Lisa's page, but I am I love having time to see the presentation and decide. I miss Lisa's presentations of everything. I swear she could sell me just about anything. Better on my wallet, but she was fine and high class. I loved her taste in clothing and accessories.

Respected Contributor
On 2/4/2015 1Professor said:
On 2/4/2015 Favorite Son said:
On 1/29/2015 Chi-town girl said:
On 1/29/2015 Favorite Son said:

I just watched the product video and was really underwhelmed. Limp. That was the general impression I got of the bag. I sold all my Roma 2s, returned the very pretty croco bag from the Christmas Posh show because the magnet was applied off center, and I think I am done with GILI bags.

Hey Favorite Son-The pricing for the new handbags is high + the increased s&h=no sale! Without Lisa to promote them/generate the interest, it appears inventory is sitting. The "buzz" from the Sandra/Amy tag team is non existent/flat. I'm interested to see some items that were on the 2015 list, but patient...hope to pick them up at clearance pricing. Guessing not many shoppers are swayed by Amy's suggestion to use them as a diaper bag ;-)

Oh, I know. Honestly, I thought the whole presentation was kind of lame, and Amy looked silly carrying that big sackish looking thing. I really enjoyed my Romas while I had them, but a question about whether or not they would be good for the very long run (the answer was "no") and the purchase of two Brahmin everyday weekenders sealed it for me. The Brahmins hold even more, and so on days when I have an even larger load than usual, I don't have to reach for a second bag or muslin tote to carry my lunch. That was happening more and more with the Romas. The Brahmins hold work files (including a small binder, - TK are you listening?), workout clothes, and miscellany with no problem.

I am really interested in the upcoming smaller GILI backpack, because I have found that a backpack is the most useful kind of bag for me. But I expect the price to be high, so I'll just hang around and wait for an 'as is' or clearance price. I'm buying very little this year, and learning to wait.

BRAHMIN ANYWHERE WEEKENDER LADY OSTRICH POPSICLE TRAVEL BAG NEW W/TAGBRAHMIN Elegant TOASTED ALMOND BROWN WEEKENDER TRAVEL TOTE CARRY-ON LUGGAGE NWT

Favorite Son:

I'm ignorant of Brahmin, somehow, but your description sounded lush. Found these "weekenders" as images on line. Is this the sort you meant? Or the hobos?

Do you buy online from Brahmin, or do department stores (which) carry them?

I'm happy to get seduced by a new bag! (Generally I'm Coach, Dooney, and, yes, Roma 2.) Thanks for a quick education. Ready to Brahmin shop (as long as it's a Big Bag)!

Yes, that is the style. I have one in black, and one in a dark taupe and smoky black, color name I cannot recall right now. Both were purchased from eBay. There are lots of Brahmin bags on eBay, some at great prices, and some at prices that are only slightly less than retail. Many of the bags are purchased and resold by people who live close to the Brahmin outlets and go to their tent sales. From what I understand, it is a melee, free-for-all raggedy rabble of women who storm the tent with their large totes in hand, swooping into pick up the best bargains for re-sale.

As you might imagine, some of the items are pure overstock, and some of them are, ahem, marketing or product development missteps - as in the orange ostrich with purple straps on the left. I did not buy that bag.

The one on the right is toasted almond, and is a very pretty bag in person. I saw that color at Dillard's a few weeks ago.

Honored Contributor
On 2/4/2015 1Professor said:
On 1/29/2015 Chi-town girl said:
On 1/29/2015 Favorite Son said:

I just watched the product video and was really underwhelmed. Limp. That was the general impression I got of the bag. I sold all my Roma 2s, returned the very pretty croco bag from the Christmas Posh show because the magnet was applied off center, and I think I am done with GILI bags.

Hey Favorite Son-The pricing for the new handbags is high + the increased s&h=no sale! Without Lisa to promote them/generate the interest, it appears inventory is sitting. The "buzz" from the Sandra/Amy tag team is non existent/flat. I'm interested to see some items that were on the 2015 list, but patient...hope to pick them up at clearance pricing. Guessing not many shoppers are swayed by Amy's suggestion to use them as a diaper bag ;-)

Oh, I know. Honestly, I thought the whole presentation was kind of lame, and Amy looked silly carrying that big sackish looking thing. I really enjoyed my Romas while I had them, but a question about whether or not they would be good for the very long run (the answer was "no") and the purchase of two Brahmin everyday weekenders sealed it for me. The Brahmins hold even more, and so on days when I have an even larger load than usual, I don't have to reach for a second bag or muslin tote to carry my lunch. That was happening more and more with the Romas. The Brahmins hold work files (including a small binder, - TK are you listening?), workout clothes, and miscellany with no problem.

I am really interested in the upcoming smaller GILI backpack, because I have found that a backpack is the most useful kind of bag for me. But I expect the price to be high, so I'll just hang around and wait for an 'as is' or clearance price. I'm buying very little this year, and learning to wait.

BRAHMIN ANYWHERE WEEKENDER LADY OSTRICH POPSICLE TRAVEL BAG NEW W/TAGBRAHMIN Elegant TOASTED ALMOND BROWN WEEKENDER TRAVEL TOTE CARRY-ON LUGGAGE NWT

Favorite Son:

I'm ignorant of Brahmin, somehow, but your description sounded lush. Found these "weekenders" as images on line. Is this the sort you meant? Or the hobos?

Do you buy online from Brahmin, or do department stores (which) carry them?

I'm happy to get seduced by a new bag! (Generally I'm Coach, Dooney, and, yes, Roma 2.) Thanks for a quick education. Ready to Brahmin shop (as long as it's a Big Bag)!

Yes, that is the style. I have one in black, and one in a dark taupe and smoky black, color name I cannot recall right now. Both were purchased from eBay. There are lots of Brahmin bags on eBay, some at great prices, and some at prices that are only slightly less than retail. Many of the bags are purchased and resold by people who live close to the Brahmin outlets and go to their tent sales. From what I understand, it is a melee, free-for-all raggedy rabble of women who storm the tent with their large totes in hand, swooping into pick up the best bargains for re-sale.

As you might imagine, some of the items are pure overstock, and some of them are, ahem, marketing or product development missteps - as in the orange ostrich with purple straps on the left. I did not buy that bag.

The one on the right is toasted almond, and is a very pretty bag in person. I saw that color at Dillard's a few weeks ago.

Yes, Dillards is a great retail source for Brahmins & they do occasionally go on clearance. I love their Spring pallette of opal & soft pastels.

Valued Contributor
Yes, TK is listening Smiley Happy Favorite Son, how sweet of you to keep me in mind! Smiley Happy I'll definitely consider those bags next time I'm shopping .....not any time soon, though. My closet is full of bags as it is! I cannot use them often enough. Lol. Especially now when I work from home half of the time....
Respected Contributor
Working from home? Good for you. The opportunity to do that is one of the things that got me going on clearing out excess clothing and handbags.
Respected Contributor
Well, I love large bags. I received my terra cotta stirrup hobo today. It's a stunning bag, leather is butter soft, stitching perfect. Now I will fill it and start using.
Honored Contributor
On 2/5/2015 Mustangshar said: Well, I love large bags. I received my terra cotta stirrup hobo today. It's a stunning bag, leather is butter soft, stitching perfect. Now I will fill it and start using.
Congrats! That's the color I want-very chic. How is the buckle/fastening? I read some customers report the buckle was crooked.