Valued Contributor

Re: Nervous about carrying my Dooney

Thanks for the tip Ms Trixi!

Honored Contributor

On 2/22/2014 Arianny said:

I can't wait to use it now after seeing all the positive responses telling me not to be afraid - thank you everyone! Stevieb - I got the Palomino and the Brown - both are beautiful!

They sure are... The brown is destined to become one of my favorites. Not that all the colors aren't beautiful, because all or them are, but I just find that brown to be a classic!

In my pantry with my cupcakes...
Frequent Contributor

On 2/22/2014 stevieb said:
On 2/22/2014 vera11 said:
On 2/22/2014 GoodStuff said:

Another persuasive reason for buying good quality, <em>affordable</em> bags from places like TJ Maxx. I will never treat a handbag with kid gloves and would rather pay $35 - $50 for a sturdy bag I can throw around without reservation. No triple-digit handbag prices for me.

i love that word affordable..sorry, but in my head i just cannot see any working gal spending that much on a pocketbook..

And you're absolutely free not to do so...

Winkyour fangs are showing! i thought this was a friendly place where one can be opinionated! guess i was wrong! i'll remember you!

Honored Contributor

On 2/23/2014 vera11 said:
On 2/22/2014 stevieb said:
On 2/22/2014 vera11 said:
On 2/22/2014 GoodStuff said:

Another persuasive reason for buying good quality, <em>affordable</em> bags from places like TJ Maxx. I will never treat a handbag with kid gloves and would rather pay $35 - $50 for a sturdy bag I can throw around without reservation. No triple-digit handbag prices for me.

i love that word affordable..sorry, but in my head i just cannot see any working gal spending that much on a pocketbook..

And you're absolutely free not to do so...

Winkyour fangs are showing! i thought this was a friendly place where one can be opinionated! guess i was wrong! i'll remember you!

No, I really don't think so. It takes quite a bit for me to bear my 'fangs' and when they're showing, it's usually pretty glaring...

You couldn't 'see any working gal spending that much on a pocket book' and I suggested you were free not to do so. I followed that with a wink... There are plenty of 'working gals' who choose to spend the money they earn on expensive bags, as is there right, just as it's yours not to. It's your right to indicate you can't see it, and it was entirely appropriate to comment that you don't have to spend your money in that way.

This is essentially a friendly place, and I guess I'd have to question, in this instance, who appears to have become a tad testy... Personally, this little exchange seems somewhat benign, but, remember me? Really? By all means do, if it means that much to you.

Moving on... Completely up to you whether you choose to or not.

In my pantry with my cupcakes...