Super Contributor

Need recommendation for good walkiing shoe

We are heading overseas in the Spring and will be doing lots of small villages (hence cobblestone walks).  Does anyone have a recommendation for a great shoe with good tread?  My sneakers won't be good enough for this kind of terrain.  Thanks in advance.

Frequent Contributor

Re: Need recommendation for good walkiing shoe

I'm a huge fan of New Balance, as per my podiatrist's orders.  Beware the "low end" styles of NB however.  They just do not have the same level of support.

Esteemed Contributor

I've toured all over the world and Sketcher s with memory foam work for me.  Once When I was young, I tried to wear a pair of three inch wedges on cobblestones (I threw the shoes out; didn't want to break an ankle!

Valued Contributor

Clarks, Ryka, Easy Spirit, make some good comfy shoes. Sketchers don't have enough support.
Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

@gellen wrote:

We are heading overseas in the Spring and will be doing lots of small villages (hence cobblestone walks).  Does anyone have a recommendation for a great shoe with good tread?  My sneakers won't be good enough for this kind of terrain.  Thanks in advance.

Dansko clogs  professional series with  rubber sole. These were recommended by an orthopedic surgeon  for excellent sole support. I've worn my Dankso clogs everywhere ! 

Honored Contributor

Include a good walking sandal in case you have some warm weather.

~Who in the world am I? Ah, that's the great puzzle~ Lewis Carroll, Alice in Wonderland
Honored Contributor

Easy Spirit Traveltime clogs.  Have about 5 pairs of these and always take them when I travel.  Have been ablet to get them on sale for about $40-$50.  My go-to shoe.

Respected Contributor

I agree about the Easy Spirit Traveltime - sort of a backless sneaker/clog.  So comfy all day on any terrain.  I wear them around the house too

Respected Contributor

New Balance is a good shoe. When I went to Vegas that's what I wore. And I did a lot of walking and my feet didn't hurt at all. Plus I wear them when I walk for exercise.

Honored Contributor

Nike & Reebok

"Never argue with a fool. Onlookers may not be able to tell the difference."

220-AuCC-US-CRM-Header-Update.gif