Frequent Contributor

Need more closed toe sandals, please.

Would like to see more closed toe sandals for those of us who do not have beautiful feet.  Also, there are so many times in the summer when open toes are not appropriate like church, funerals, some work environments.  Feeling deprived.

Honored Contributor

Re: Need more closed toe sandals, please.

If it has closed toes it wouldn't be a sandal - would it?  What kind of shoe are you actually looking for?  Maybe someone could offer suggestions.  Also, it is perfectly acceptable to wear open toes for church or funerals.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Pook  There are lots and lots of closed toe type sandals.Not everyone wants open toe shoes. Personally, I have bunions plus I've had multiple surgeries on one foot so it is badly scarred. I still want the coolness of an open shoe on the sides and heel- but I like the toes covered. For casual wear I like Keen sandals.

Honored Contributor

OP - I just bought A288110 in the brown and black. I  can't wear heels so these are a good shoe for me for church etc.

Honored Contributor

I prefer closed toe sandals myself.   I have a high instep and I guess weird toes and the opening for toes never seems to fit me correctly.   I love the peep toe look but can't wear them.  

I love wearing leather huarache sandals.   I buy a new  pair every summer.   Always with a closed toe.

@Southern Classy

Super Contributor

[ Edited ]

I agree, but I think as someone said, they would not really be a sandal then, would they..? ..I agree with you, but not sure if they would be sandals or something else..a clog or a mule maybe..? Not sure what they would be called..? 

Honored Contributor

I found the definition of a sandal as:
a shoe consisting of a sole of leather or other material fastened to the foot by thongs or straps. 

How could that be closed toe?  Wouldn't it be just a shoe with maybe a back strap and perforations around the front?  I'm not trying to be argumentative and just have never heard of a closed toe sandal and really would like to know what they would look like if someone could post a picture.

Honored Contributor

I was confused by a closed toe sandal too.  I have never heard of it before.

Honored Contributor

@Pecky@Pook

Screen Shot 2017-04-07 at Fri, Apr 7, 2017-4.51.23 PM.pngScreen Shot 2017-04-07 at Fri, Apr 7, 2017-4.51.56 PM.pngScreen Shot 2017-04-07 at Fri, Apr 7, 2017-4.52.39 PM.pngScreen Shot 2017-04-07 at Fri, Apr 7, 2017-4.53.01 PM.png

"Never argue with a fool. Onlookers may not be able to tell the difference."

220-AuCC-US-CRM-Header-Update.gif

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

Go online and do a search for a "fisherman's sandal".  That what most are called.  For years my mainstay was a leather Minnetonka fisherman's sandal but I searched a couple weeks ago and couldn't find any so I assume they've been discontinued.   

🙁

Here it is... imageService.jpg

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment