Respected Contributor

Re: Narrow women's shoes PLEASE! Why do vendors cater to and brag about wide withes/ignore the narro

I share the frustration on narrow shoes.  I have always worn a narrow width and still do at age 68.  Mediums are too wide for me.  Nordstrom still carries a limited selection of narrow shoes.  Forget Macy's.  I usually end up ordering from catalogs.

As for the Q, I think they should at least offer narrow widths in their shoe TSV's if the vendor offers them.  It is so frustrating to see a cute TSV and not be able to order.  Many of the Q's vendors offer narrows in the catalogs I receive.  Why not for TSV's?  I'm sure they would sell if the Q stocked a limited number of narrow TSV's so they would not get stuck with stock they can't sell.

“Do not think only of your own joy, but vow to save all beings from suffering.”
Dalai Lama
Respected Contributor

Re: Narrow women's shoes PLEASE! Why do vendors cater to and brag about wide withes/ignore the narro

I have long narrow feet. I have found good luck with Clarks, Miz Mooz and Marc Fisher.

Honored Contributor

I quite often see narrows sold on Zulily.  It was a happy day when I graduated from a AA to a B width.  Now I have my pick of many shoes.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Honored Contributor

Just to clarify, needing a wider width doesn't mean someone has FAT feet.

Feet spread due to many conditions, including arthritis or auto-immune joint changes.  The feet are not fat.  The feet have just changed.

[was Homegirl] Love to be home . . . thus the screen name. Joined 2003.
New Contributor

This so frustrating for me.  I'm 64 and wear a 12N.  Try finding that combination!  QVC prides itself on being inclusive of clothing sizes on all of their offerings.  They need to do the same with shoes.

Shoes that are too wide are not only uncomfortable they can also be dangerous if your shoe falls off or foot twists in your shoe.

I find it hard to believe there are that many more WW widths than AA.  QVC has enough clout to require narrow widths especially from companies like Clarks who have always carried a nice range of narrow widths.  Clarks especially disappoints me because they used to have a good selection of narrow but they don't anymore.

Esteemed Contributor

Because there are a lot more customers with wide feet than narrow.  QVC is in business to make money, so naturally they will stock what is more likely to sell.  I'm a person with a narrow foot, but I understand that it's not good business to stock many narrow shoes.  

"Breathe in, breathe out, move on." Jimmy Buffett
Esteemed Contributor

When I started watching the Q years ago and they were showing Clarks shoes - most of the time, they didn't have it in wide - I wear 7 wide. But now they carry many of the Clarks shoes in wide. The only other brands I can wear are Rykas and Birkenstocks/Birkies. My feet aren't comfortable in other brands.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@fthunt  Talk about rude.  As women age, some need a wide width due to arthritis and other ailments.  And you poke fun and put a label on wide width.  

kindness is strength
Honored Contributor

Simple - narrow doesn't sell - med and wide do.

Honored Contributor

Not everyone needs a wide shoe because they have fat feet. I wear a med on my rt , non surgical foot  but I need a wide on my left foot that has had surgeries and has metal in it. I find saying "fat feet" to be derogatory. I am so happy that Clarks sells many pairs of sandels where the width is adjustable with velcro so I don't have to buy 2 pair to get a proper fit. I would think those who need a narrow could adjust a med sandal to fit their narrow.