Respected Contributor

Re: NO SANDALS/ STILL NO PEDICURES

Where I live, the summers are long, hot and humid so I do wear sandals.  I have always done my own pedicures.  I run for exercise and once I went with my daughter to get a professional pedi and the tech terrified me when she came at my feet with a blade to shave my callouses.  I use one of those electric foot, callous buffing contraptions at home and it does a great job on my callouses.  I do my pedicure once every other week in the summer.

Honored Contributor

Hairdresser dressers and spas and nail shops have been open here for a long time, with restrictions and masks are required.  We have not been in total lockdown since last summer.  And now we are getting back to normal. Just in time for summer.  I have stayed away from beauty places but now that I have had both doses of vaccine, I'm going to get my mani pedi and my hair trimmed.  Last year, I did not go out much but still dressed nicely and I did my own pedi and wore all my flat sandals.  Looking nice made me feel better.  I just bought a pair of my favorite style of Earth sandals, on clearance so I could not resist.  

Valued Contributor

Pedicures are a must for me.  I can't get down and do a good job on my feet.  I don't have them frequently in the winter but I do in the summer during sandal weather.  All the salons are safe, practicing social distancing, wearing masks, and even have plexiglass partitions so I feel safe going once and I while.

Valued Contributor

Normally I get a pedi every 2 weeks. I'm in Michigan, but even in the winter when I'm in the house I want my bare feet that I pad around in too often to look good. I haven't had a pedi since a year ago March. I had my second Pfizer shot on the 4th, and the place I get my pedis is extremely careful during the best of times. I know they are being very responsible. I have an appointment this Friday (I'll be fully vaccinated on Thursday). I know I still need to be very careful. That's why I made the pedi appointment on Friday and my hair appointment at the same salon on Saturday. I didn't want to be in there hours at a time. I'm mostly really looking forward to my hair appointment. I've been doing my own color and trying to trim, but my hair is exceedingly thick and even though I bought thinning scissors, it just is longer than I'm used to. 

Briggsie

Esteemed Contributor

@shoesnbags wrote:

@Lali1 wrote:

I have never had a pedi in my life. I do my own toenails. I have Type 1 diabetes and do not trust getting a pedi. I also don't color my hair and haven't for about 4 years. I do wear sandals because I live in a hot humid climate. I have a whole drawer full of nail polish to choose from. I have no problem doing my own toenails. 

Hi @Lali1 .  I could have written this post except for the diabetes.  Oh, and my overflowing collection of polish is housed in plastic containers under my bed (cool and dark) instead of a drawer.  Could we be long lost sisters?

Add me to this list, @shoesnbags  and @Lali1 , but not diabetic.  I have never had a pedi. I hate anyone touching my feet.  I enjoy doing my own nails.  When I wore acrylics years ago, it was a chore to go and get fills.  I never wear closed toed shoes unless I have to.  I hate how they feel and would rather go barefoot.  I am in a hot humid climate and live in sandals and flip flops.  I change my polish often because I hate the look of chipped polish and I love changing out the color.  Perhaps we are triplets? Woman Wink

Fear not Brothers and Sisters! I have read THE BOOK..........we win!!!
Respected Contributor

@tends2dogs wrote:

@shoesnbags wrote:

@Lali1 wrote:

I have never had a pedi in my life. I do my own toenails. I have Type 1 diabetes and do not trust getting a pedi. I also don't color my hair and haven't for about 4 years. I do wear sandals because I live in a hot humid climate. I have a whole drawer full of nail polish to choose from. I have no problem doing my own toenails. 

Hi @Lali1 .  I could have written this post except for the diabetes.  Oh, and my overflowing collection of polish is housed in plastic containers under my bed (cool and dark) instead of a drawer.  Could we be long lost sisters?

Add me to this list, @shoesnbags  and @Lali1 , but not diabetic.  I have never had a pedi. I hate anyone touching my feet.  I enjoy doing my own nails.  When I wore acrylics years ago, it was a chore to go and get fills.  I never wear closed toed shoes unless I have to.  I hate how they feel and would rather go barefoot.  I am in a hot humid climate and live in sandals and flip flops.  I change my polish often because I hate the look of chipped polish and I love changing out the color.  Perhaps we are triplets? Woman Wink

Are we sisters😄? I hated having to go get my refills for my nails too. Such a chore. I suppose that might be why I let my color grow out of my hair. I hated being tied to getting it done every 6 weeks. 

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Lali1 wrote:

@tends2dogs wrote:

@shoesnbags wrote:

@Lali1 wrote:

Are we sisters😄? I hated having to go get my refills for my nails too. Such a chore. I suppose that might be why I let my color grow out of my hair. I hated being tied to getting it done every 6 weeks. 

Well, I guess that's one difference - I've only had 2 manis in my life.  I have "easy" nails because they're strong and well shaped, so I've always done them myself. I'm never without polish, but don't need to pay anyone else to do it.  Good nails are my compensation for having horrible thin baby fine hair - yuck.

@Lali1 @tends2dogs 

"Breathe in, breathe out, move on." Jimmy Buffett
Respected Contributor

@shoesnbags wrote:

@Lali1 wrote:

@tends2dogs wrote:

@shoesnbags wrote:

@Lali1 wrote:

Well, I guess that's one difference - I've only had 2 manis in my life.  I have "easy" nails because they're strong and well shaped, so I've always done them myself. I'm never without polish, but don't need to pay anyone else to do it.  Good nails are my compensation for having horrible thin baby fine hair - yuck.

@Lali1 @tends2dogs 

And I have thin horrible nails and thick curly hair, 

Valued Contributor

I guess I am one of the few exceptions - I have been going every two weeks since last June to get a pedicure, my feet are horrible otherwise and I live in sandals (even in winter i wear flip flops around the house).

I would prefer to go barefoot in the summer but due to bad Plantar fasciitis can't do that anymore, have to have some sort of sandal/flip flop on with good arch support.

Honored Contributor

My granddaughter and I always went together to get pedicures and she’d get manicures.

But she’s been away at college then Covid happened.

The technician I’ve always had keeps changing salons and moving farther and farther away.

It’s beginning to get ridiculous.  I’ve tried other technicians but they just aren’t as good.

I haven’t contacted her since Covid.  Maybe she moved closer in.  Ha!