Honored Contributor

NO SANDALS/ STILL NO PEDICURES

Loved the Clark sandlals on AM STYLE this morning...usually wear the LEXI and would would have gotten the red patent. I like the extra padding/support in Clark's, but don't and haven't trusted pedicures since last March. All my sandals were not worn and many of the places I did go have not reopened (didn't make it). 

I've been doing my own toes, always, except in summer. Never liked the look of open toe shoes and not really cared for feet....

Sounds crazy, but just like loving my silver hair and not keeping up with every 2-3 wk. root touchup appts., pedicures are the same commitment. I may put my sandals aside in the "maybe pile" and see if I don't miss wearing them.

How do you feel?

Esteemed Contributor

Re: NO SANDALS/ STILL NO PEDICURES

[ Edited ]

I'm in Arizona where everything is open, pedicures included. It's to hot here not to wear sandals from April to October. I like wearing them but I would much rather wear sneakers but those are to hot for summer.

Esteemed Contributor

I was wondering the same thing about pedicures this coming summer.  I simply will not wear sandals without my feet looking pretty.  I am capable of doing my own but I just loved having it done.  I just started doing my gel manicures again as I stopped for awhile after Christmas.   I have no problem with the salon at all, I feel fairly protected in mine.

They did remove the peducure bath chairs and are just doing them dry......but to me the soaking was the best part!  I am not sure what to do, I don't like the thought of going somewhere else, guess I'll just do my own.  All I wear are sandals in the summer months.

Respected Contributor

I love open toe sandals and can;t wait to wear them.  I am just too hot & confined in closed toe footwear in warm weather.  

Pedicures at the salon?  I've never had them regularly.  Clean bare toes are fine with me.  Does anyone notice this, anyway?  I am not looking at people's feet as I go about my day.

Honored Contributor

@Shanus   How do I feel?  I love wearing sandals (I have attractive feet when I get my toes done) in warm weather.

It's been too cold to wear them now and I never get a pedicure over the winter except when I go to warm climates.  I've decided to visit my mother next month in Florida and will be getting my toes done before I leave. I plan on bringing some sandals and will wear them most of the time....I'll also bring a pair of sneakers.

I still go for a manicure regularly and have been going to the same woman for over 25 years.  She is very clean and takes extreme precautions.

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

I have never had a pedi in my life. I do my own toenails. I have Type 1 diabetes and do not trust getting a pedi. I also don't color my hair and haven't for about 4 years. I do wear sandals because I live in a hot humid climate. I have a whole drawer full of nail polish to choose from. I have no problem doing my own toenails. 

Esteemed Contributor

@PinkyPetunia  I must be a weirdo because I notice peoples' feet all the time!!  (LOL)

A pet peeve of mine is someone who shows their feet and they are not well kept. 

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@LindaSal wrote:

I was wondering the same thing about pedicures this coming summer.  I simply will not wear sandals without my feet looking pretty.  I am capable of doing my own but I just loved having it done.  I just started doing my gel manicures again as I stopped for awhile after Christmas.   I have no problem with the salon at all, I feel fairly protected in mine.

They did remove the peducure bath chairs and are just doing them dry......but to me the soaking was the best part!  I am not sure what to do, I don't like the thought of going somewhere else, guess I'll just do my own.  All I wear are sandals in the summer months.

@LindaSal @haddon9   The 2 really clean places I did go were small, privately owned and immaculate...unforturnately never reopened with others did. That one hour was heaven with foot/leg message, and the pampering...worth every penny. I've had a few bad experiences at other salons with cuticles nipped and bleeding, infection from another salon, etc. If I pay for a pedicure and it's a dry one? Think I'll do it myself...I manage in winter, but just don't do that thorough a job. 

Honored Contributor

@LindaSal wrote:

@PinkyPetunia  I must be a weirdo because I notice peoples' feet all the time!!  (LOL)

A pet peeve of mine is someone who shows their feet and they are not well kept. 

Me, too @LindaSal . Happy I'm not the only one...don't care if they're not polished, but not cut, dirty toes, calluses...yuck.

Respected Contributor

@PinkyPetunia  I'm with you. It's probably been 10 years since my last mani/pedi and that was for my nephew's wedding (where no one was looking at my toes). I stopped wearing polish years ago. I'm lucky that the fungus on my big toenail finally seems to have cleared up and that my calluses are very manageable. I just keep my nails trimmed & shaped and stay on top of those calluses. Then, I make sure to moisturize every night before going to bed. Best of all, I don't have to worry about salon cleanliness anymore.