Honored Contributor

NO RETURN OF ORIGINAL SHIPPING ON A HANDBAG?? ARE YOU KIDDING?

I didn't see a thread started in Handbags regarding this new shipping and handling policy, forgive me if you ladies have already discussed it. It is VERY unfair for handbag purchases to lose the original HIGH shipping! I was wondering how you ladies feel about it??

I can tell you one thing...I am done buying handbags after Feb. 15th! That's for sure! Can you imagine losing original shipping of $11.72 plus tax AND my return shipping if the bag doesn't work?? I will not risk that amount of money!

Honestly, you can't tell on air if the bag is going to work for you or not!! You hope, you listen to the description, the measurements...but they don't always work!

I purchase a LOT of bags, mostly from Q. I have a 'collection' you might say! My sister says I am a purse hoarder but who listens to her! LOL

It is bugging me big time because I love purses and I HATE to shop in the malls!! I am an online mega shopper. Q has lost a LOT of handbag sales from me!!

Respected Contributor

Re: NO RETURN OF ORIGINAL SHIPPING ON A HANDBAG?? ARE YOU KIDDING?

There's a banner on the home page that explains the new S&H policy. I also received an email about it.

Trusted Contributor

Many retailers including ShopHQ and Nordstroms, have never refunded original shipping. I certainly wouldn't purchase without that option unless I was absolutely certain of the purchase.

It's always a victory for me when I remember why I entered a room.
Honored Contributor

This refund of original shipping that Q has offered is what set them apart from so many other retailers.

This is going to hurt their business after a time. Many won't realize it until they make a return or two, and notice that they don't get the refund.

I know I am now going to think twice before ordering from Q.

As before, any item damaged or defective will be issued a refund for all shipping charges, including the return shipping.

Anyone want to guess how many 'damaged' or 'defective' items will be going back now?

My guess will be it will be so many, that they will eventually have to change that refund policy somehow too.

Nordstrom has Free shipping and Free returns

Our policy is simple: We'll ship almost anything on our site to anywhere in the United States—even Alaska and Hawaii—for free. No minimums. No kidding.

Don't love it? Return it for free, too. We mean it.

International orders and Nordstrom Rack stores aren't eligible for free shipping. For Nordstrom Rack returns, please refer to the Nordstrom Rack Return Policy.

Respected Contributor

On 2/4/2015 adelle38 said:

Many retailers including ShopHQ and Nordstroms, have never refunded original shipping. I certainly wouldn't purchase without that option unless I was absolutely certain of the purchase.

I think one of the reasons they're doing this is so people don't order like crazy and then return maybe all but one item........I see on this board that people order multiples of one handbag in different colors and then send all but one back...........to me, that's taking advantage and not thinking through your purchase. It does make it a little harder on those of us who do occasionally have a return, but I think there are some who have spoiled it for the rest of us......the Q is a business and I have a feeling that returns are huge and not always for really valid reasons.

Honored Contributor

On 2/4/2015 hulagirl said:

I think one of the reasons they're doing this is so people don't order like crazy and then return maybe all but one item........I see on this board that people order multiples of one handbag in different colors and then send all but one back...........to me, that's taking advantage and not thinking through your purchase. It does make it a little harder on those of us who do occasionally have a return, but I think there are some who have spoiled it for the rest of us......the Q is a business and I have a feeling that returns are huge and not always for really valid reasons.

What is a valid reason?

Trusted Contributor

On 2/4/2015 jackthebear said:

What is a valid reason?

A valid reason for return would be an item that is defective or damaged in shipping. In those cases, Q will refund original shipping and pay for return shipping.

It's always a victory for me when I remember why I entered a room.
Honored Contributor

On 2/4/2015 jackthebear said:

What is a valid reason?

A valid reason for return would be an item that is defective or damaged in shipping. In those cases, Q will refund original shipping and pay for return shipping.

I agree. I think there are other valid reasons, like a color or material not being well represented on TV and the product being something you would not have bought if you'd seen or felt in in person. Sometimes QVC says "your phone will fit in the pocket" and then it doesn't because phones comes in many and QVC uses smaller iPhones. We're getting the short end on those, but I agree that this is because people have abused the system. I'm shocked by the number of people who cancel orders as a regular practice and return things often enough to get a warning letter from QVC. Either consider shopping locally so that you can check things out or only order when you're certain.

Honored Contributor

I have never shopped anywhere that wouldn't refund my original shipping. Never. Most other sites I use have totally free shipping to me...and some free returns as well.

I chose to shop Q regardless since they had such a huge selection of handbags and colors! I have never ordered the same bag in multiple colors just to choose one. That would be a waste of my return shipping!! Bags are large and much more expensive to return even paying my own fees.

There is a huge difference returning a tube of mascara that you hate w/ a loss of $3+ return costs and losing $11.72+ return costs on a handbag that didn't work.

I have received bags that are clearly not even close to the measurements listed. Is that 'their error'? Would I get a refund in that case? I wouldn't want to have to argue or haggle to receive a full refund.

Other handbag sites are available that are free shipping. For me, this new policy MOST affects my handbag habit! Maybe QVC is doing me a favor. I will not chance their bags any longer and therefore save money, lots of it, since I keep 95% of what I order.

However, they will be losing hundreds in sales just from me.