Esteemed Contributor

Re: NO RETURN OF ORIGINAL SHIPPING ON A HANDBAG?? ARE YOU KIDDING?

Nordstroms offers free shipping to you and free return shipping and always has so Imdon't know what the person who,said she never was refunded for Nordstroms shipping was talking about.
Super Contributor

On 2/4/2015 suzyQ3 said:
On 2/4/2015 RespectLife said:

I have never shopped anywhere that wouldn't refund my original shipping. Never. Most other sites I use have totally free shipping to me...and some free returns as well.

I chose to shop Q regardless since they had such a huge selection of handbags and colors! I have never ordered the same bag in multiple colors just to choose one. That would be a waste of my return shipping!! Bags are large and much more expensive to return even paying my own fees.

There is a huge difference returning a tube of mascara that you hate w/ a loss of $3+ return costs and losing $11.72+ return costs on a handbag that didn't work.

I have received bags that are clearly not even close to the measurements listed. Is that 'their error'? Would I get a refund in that case? I wouldn't want to have to argue or haggle to receive a full refund.

Other handbag sites are available that are free shipping. For me, this new policy MOST affects my handbag habit! Maybe QVC is doing me a favor. I will not chance their bags any longer and therefore save money, lots of it, since I keep 95% of what I order.

However, they will be losing hundreds in sales just from me.

There may be some, but I can't think of an online site that charges a shipping fee that also refunds that cost -- unless, of course, they were at fault in some way. QVC was unusual in that respect.

Don`t know if this has been answered but HSN returns original shipping fees.

Honored Contributor

On 2/6/2015 OldFoogey said:
On 2/4/2015 suzyQ3 said:
On 2/4/2015 RespectLife said:

I have never shopped anywhere that wouldn't refund my original shipping. Never. Most other sites I use have totally free shipping to me...and some free returns as well.

I chose to shop Q regardless since they had such a huge selection of handbags and colors! I have never ordered the same bag in multiple colors just to choose one. That would be a waste of my return shipping!! Bags are large and much more expensive to return even paying my own fees.

There is a huge difference returning a tube of mascara that you hate w/ a loss of $3+ return costs and losing $11.72+ return costs on a handbag that didn't work.

I have received bags that are clearly not even close to the measurements listed. Is that 'their error'? Would I get a refund in that case? I wouldn't want to have to argue or haggle to receive a full refund.

Other handbag sites are available that are free shipping. For me, this new policy MOST affects my handbag habit! Maybe QVC is doing me a favor. I will not chance their bags any longer and therefore save money, lots of it, since I keep 95% of what I order.

However, they will be losing hundreds in sales just from me.

There may be some, but I can't think of an online site that charges a shipping fee that also refunds that cost -- unless, of course, they were at fault in some way. QVC was unusual in that respect.

Don`t know if this has been answered but HSN returns original shipping fees.

I don't shop much at all from any shopping channels, so I checked and you're correct. But I doubt that you'll find many, if any, online retailers who will refund original shipping costs if there is such a cost involved in the transaction.

~Who in the world am I? Ah, that's the great puzzle~ Lewis Carroll, Alice in Wonderland