Esteemed Contributor

Re: NEW update: another pair of dansko's exploded

Birkenstocks last forever and are safe to wear. Be careful of purchasing plastics and other artificial materials in footwear; it's dangerous and may cause serious falls. 

Money screams; wealth whispers.
Valued Contributor

[ Edited ]

@BirkiLady wrote:

Birkenstocks last forever and are safe to wear. Be careful of purchasing plastics and other artificial materials in footwear; it's dangerous and may cause serious falls. 

I had some Birkenstocks years ago & that cork bottom was hard as a rock!  I need arch support &  the way they are designed made my feet slope downwards at the heel.

Super Contributor

This disintegrating heel problem is a well known issue with Dansko shoes now. If you Google the problem, you will see tons of complaints. There isn't even a way to get the soles repaired (believe me, I researched and called several places to ask). There is also no customer service resolution from the company. They will not honor your purchase. I stopped buying Dansko about three or four years ago when I first had the issue happen to me twice and saw the problems discussed on the internet.

Valued Contributor

I also had this happen with a pair of Clarks. Clarks clogs worn maybe a dozen times. Thank goodness this happened at home. The leather top popped off and the rubber cracked. It was bizarre. Clarks said the leather and materials can break down over time. I store my shoes in shoe cubbies in my closet so they do get air circulation. So sorry this happened to you.
Honored Contributor

I used to love Clarks, I gave up when I had 3 pairs fall apart at the seam by the soles.

Two were worn a lot but not to death, the third was not worn much at all.

Honored Contributor

Interesting!

I've been wearing Alegria -- mostly clogs -- to work and have noticed the company isn't producing an all-red shoe anymore.

I went online and found Danskos, but also noticed several negative reviews about changes in their sizing. 

Guess I won't be ordering these...

in Kansas Anymore

~My philosophy: Dogs are God's most perfect creatures. Angels, here on Earth, who teach us to be better human beings.~
Honored Contributor

@just bee   cute shoes

There are many elements: wind, fire, water
But none quite like the element of surprise
Honored Contributor

@Bird mama wrote:

@just bee   cute shoes

@Bird mama 

Not if they're going to explode! Woman LOL

~My philosophy: Dogs are God's most perfect creatures. Angels, here on Earth, who teach us to be better human beings.~
Trusted Contributor

Have had this issue with Clarks. Found out after researching that it’s best to store your shoes out in the open air, never in shoe boxes. Something about a gas given off from those molded soles reacting to cause disintegration. Don't know if that’s true or not, but I no longer purchase any Clarks with a molded sole. Looks like same thing is going on with Dansko/Sanita.  

Highlighted
Honored Contributor

@CJC wrote:

Have had this issue with Clarks. Found out after researching that it’s best to store your shoes out in the open air, never in shoe boxes. Something about a gas given off from those molded soles reacting to cause disintegration. Don't know if that’s true or not, but I no longer purchase any Clarks with a molded sole. Looks like same thing is going on with Dansko/Sanita.  

@CJC 

Interesting!