Valued Contributor

I can't count them....way too many, but the latest pair I bought are really pretty Michael Kors patent black loafers with a patent bow on the top. Comfy too....got them new on Ebay.

Super Contributor

I have bought two this year - a pair of mules and a pair of sneakers. I think I spend more on bags and earrings. Won't ever leave the house without earrings. But I spend the most on food. Smiley Tongue

Honored Contributor

I bought one pair!  I have more than enough and they last for several seasons.

Honored Contributor

I’m not sure how many pairs I’ve purchased this year. More than 1-2 but definitely not all I need. Mostly athleisure shoes & I need a couple more pairs of good leather shoes for work. I’ve also tossed a few pairs that were worn out. 

Esteemed Contributor

I bought 17 pairs of shoes including clogs, sandals, booties, and athletic shoes this year. I also tossed out 2 pairs of shoes and donated 4 pairs of shoes this year.

Edited to add what shoes I bought and why I got rid of some shoes:

I tossed out an old pair of Tony Little Cheeks boots with that incline negative heel as they started to bother my achilles tendons. I had them for 8 years so I think I got my use out of them walking the dog in the park mostly. Bought in 2010 from The Shopping Channel's website.

I also tossed out a pair of hardly worn Ryka Graffik athletic shoes. One of the shoes inside toe cap wasn't sewn well and it dug into the top of my toes. I could not fix it so I took out the nice insoles and threw out the shoes last spring. Bought from Sears Canada back in 2017.

In January 2018 I bought and later donated a pair of Crocs Sarah brown suede clogs as they squeaked like crazy and the bottom sole was kind of slippery. The inside vamp wasn't finished well either. I would not buy another pair of Crocs shoes or sandals as they were too cheaply made. Bought from Sears Canada.

I donated a barely worn pair of H&M black satin ballet flats - no insole support to them. Bought them in 2017.

I also donated a pair of black leather Flexi wedge sandals as my foot slipped too much on the footbed. Bought from Winners. Bought them in 2015

Lastly I donated a pair of barely worn Cougar ChiChi black suede boots with a low heel as they could not be worn in icy winter conditions as the soles were too slippery. Bought from Winners in 2017.

So here are the other shoes I did buy:

2 pairs of Sam Edelman Farina suede ballet flats with pom poms on them. One in black and one in pink. Both in an 8.5M. These shoes ran short which is why they didn't sell before Christmas 2017. But in January 2018, they got marked down a lot so the store could get rid of them. Bought from Hudson's Bay.

A pair of Earth Wanderlust black maryjane pumps in a 7.5D. They fit my foot well given that I have a wider forefoot and narrow heel so many pumps won't fit as they won't stay on my heels when I walk but these do. Bought from Walk with Ronsons outlet store.

A pair of B.O.C.Elsbury brown leather clogs from The Ross in Las Vegas last February. They fit me well so I got them.

A pair of Skechers D'Lite Metro Vibe black sandals 7 from the Skechers outlet store in Las Vegas last February. I took these to Australia last March and wore them all summer too. I bought a back up pair in Canada in May as that's how much I like these sandals as they have a slight wedge to them. These sandals ran big and wide so I went down a size as I normally wear size 8 in Skecher shoes.

2 pairs of Skechers Dynamite Fleetly slip on bungee athletic shoes, size 8M, bought back in early March. One is gray knit and the other is a black knit. Bought from Hudson's Bay

A pair of dressy taupe suede block heel sandals in size 39 from Le Chateau back in April.

A pair of Skechers Happy Fleet bungee athletic shoes in 8M in May in a black knit. Bought from Hudson's Bay.

A pair of Lucky Brand tan suede low heel shooties in a size 8M. I ended up cutting off the cross straps that went around my ankle on these as they rubbed my ankle bone. It took a bit of trying to fix these before I finally cut the straps off the shoes. They fit better now but I had to add an extra insole to them so my feet wouldn't slip out of them. I bought them in May and fixed them in November.

Bought from Winners.

A dressy apple red suede Franco Sarto Vellez slingback low block heel pump in an 8M back in May. The back strap is adjustable. I used a store coupon to get a good deal on these shoes that were already on sale. Bought from Hudson's Bay.

A pair of black Italian Dressmaker wedge sandals in June. I bought an 8.5M as I needed the width in the front strap area. Bought from Winners.

A pair of black Bzees Kiss sandals in an 8.5M in July. I already own these same sandals in an 8W in a different print fabric which I bought a year before. Bought from Winners.

A pair of gray faux suede and faux fur mule slippers from Walmart in a size 8 last July.

A pair of Clarks Cloudstepper Arla Glison black flip flop sandal 8M bought in August. Bought from Hudson's Bay.

A pair of brown B.O.C. Pontine leather clogs in a size 8M bought in September from Winners.

A pair Planet Earth brown leather clogs in an 8M in November. These squeak when I walk in them so I don't know how long I'll be keeping them. The insoles aren't glued in very well so I may end up replacing the insoles. Bought from Hudson's Bay.

A pair of Naturalizer Amabella black leather sandals in December. These are for next summer and they have an orthotic footbed. They are ugly looking like Birkies but I think they are comfortable. I got them in an 8M. The left sandals squeaks so I may end up puncturing the footbed to see if that helps. Bought from Hudson's Bay.

All shoes from 2018 were bought in bricks and mortar stores. None were bought online.

Respected Contributor
16 from QVC and1 from Steven for Freebird. Sadly, it was a slow year because I am starting to cut back. Lol.

The other day, I organized all my boots (does not include snow boots) and I was shocked to find I have 49 pair of boots. I did pull out 6 pair for donation since I never wear them. I do wear all the rest but they will never wear out at this rate.
Respected Contributor
Hit post somehow. When I was younger and starting out in life, I could only afford 1 pair of shoes at a time, plus having a hard to find size, 10 1/2 wide, I think I am overcompensating.
Esteemed Contributor

My son was helping me put my shoes away-mostly Skechers and he said it looks like a hundred. I am scared he is right. I don't want to try another brand. I think I am done tho. They fit good.

Respected Contributor

What a fun thread.  I moved this past year and got rid of about 2/3 of clothing wardrobe and 3/4 of my shoes.  I was down to 7 pair of shoes, including tennis shoes, and 4 pair of boots .  Then.............a release of pent up demand.  There suddenly appeared on the market a nice selection of my favorite styles - stompy boots and platform shoes.  So things got a little out of hand after November 1....

1. Gee Wa Wa Seattle

2. Sorel Margot cutout

3. Patricia Nash Sicily granny bootie (overstock from eBay)

4. Frye Julie combat black

5. Frye Julie zip cognac

6. Frye Savannah combat cognac

7. Patricia Nash Veneto low bootie (overstock from eBay)

8. A.S. 98 Bardot black

9. A.S. 98 Frankie black

10.Frye Alice white

I think I'm done for the rest of my life.

For those who like Patricia Nash shoes, I'd say stick to the older manufacturing lot.  I liked the Sicily so much that I bought a black pair off from Zappo's.  The new ones are made in China, have a much cheaper lining and cheap sole;  I returned them.  The two older pair that I purchased as new overstocks from eBay were made in Italy.  The new Sicily boots look just as nice, but aren't made with the same materials and craftmanship.  What a shame.  

Contributor

Three casual sandals, one pair dressy sandals, two pair loafers and some sport shoes.  I try to follow up with a one for one purge, so the gently used, simlar type shoes go to Goodwill.  I grew up with three pair per year, tennis shoes, sturdy school shoes and one pair for Sunday school, SO if I get crazy as an adult and purchase a few more than what I actually need, I don't scold myself.  I work, I pay for them and enjoy having shoe choices Smiley Happy