Honored Contributor

I just called D&B and unfortunately, there won't be any of the bags with a darker trim...Boo! {#emotions_dlg.sad}

However, the rep clarified that the satchel is not the size of a bitsy bag, but a regular satchel...so that's good. I told her the pic at Macys dot com with the image of a model carrying it made the bag seem smaller. Additionally, it was my fault that I didn't check the measurements in the description. I guess since sometimes, that can't be reliable, I didn't bother to look.

I do REALLY LOVE, LOVE LOVE this red plaid! A couple of years ago I got the smooth pocket shopper/tote (brown t-moro) with the plaid lining...it's just TDF!

BTW, This D&B line is called 'Highland Woven' on the D&B website...

Honored Contributor

D&B just uploaded the bag onto their website...TZ343

OMG!!!! I didn't realize there is a thin band of gold trim around the patent leather along the bottom and around the handles...AND on the inside of the tassels...TDF!!!! Initially, I didn't know it was gold foil-ish...just a beige or white since I didn't think I needed to zoom in to see the red handles/trim and plaid.

The gold trim really brings the bag up another notch...

WOWSER! {#emotions_dlg.w00t} {#emotions_dlg.tt1} {#emotions_dlg.thumbup}

Honored Contributor
On 10/13/2014 jaxs mom said:

Yes, it's on the Dooney site too.

Sorry...I missed your post about it {#emotions_dlg.blushing}

What a GREAT bag for the holiday season!!! Now I'm saying to myself...forget about the buckley bag, I'm really trying not to cave before I can get this tartan bag with a discount...{#emotions_dlg.blink}...........{#emotions_dlg.laugh}

Frequent Contributor

The bag look cute but only for holiday season my opinion. I would rather wait when the bag go on sale at ILD.com or after the holiday at the outlet. I won't pay $228 when I have other bag on my wish list. Enjoy who ever decide to get the bag and post a review

Honored Contributor
On 10/13/2014 ivyshop said:

The bag look cute but only for holiday season my opinion. I would rather wait when the bag go on sale at ILD.com or after the holiday at the outlet. I won't pay $228 when I have other bag on my wish list. Enjoy who ever decide to get the bag and post a review Smile

Reigning in my patience {#emotions_dlg.rolleyes}....needed a voice of reason to ground me again...LOL...Thanks!

I'll wait til I can get it with at least 20% off w/free S&H. I would really like to use the bag for this holiday season instead of waiting over a year from now. I know there will be many holiday sales coming up shortly, so just going to sit on my hands til then.

It will be my 1st 'zip-zip' and my 1st D&B with any 'patent' leather Smile

Frequent Contributor

Yes you are right at least 20% off is better than nothing. I am waiting on few bags until get mark down.

Honored Contributor

I don't think L 12.75" W 6" H 9.5" is a childs bag. That is the size of the highland wocen zip zip satchel.

Don't Change Your Authenticity for Approval
Honored Contributor
On 10/13/2014 jaxs mom said:

I don't think L 12.75" W 6" H 9.5" is a childs bag. That is the size of the highland wocen zip zip satchel.

Hi jaxs mom, I didn't see the bag on the D&B site til after I wrote several more posts in this thread. Please read post #10 Smile

The Macy's website has the dimensions as being 14" W x 9" H x 5" D.

Since there isn't much consistency with correct dimensions for bags/totes (from my experience), which is why I stopped bothering to even check the dimensions. Even D&B's dimensions have been wrong in the past...

As I also posted earlier in this thread, when I saw the image/pic of the model holding the bag, it really looks small...to me, almost like a ditsy bag. Anyway, I had explained all the rest...my bad for not checking the dimensions before my post #2...HTH Smile

Honored Contributor

Agree. Just went to the site myself to look at something else and checked the measurements for this bag. It is NOT a Bitsy bag, but a full size satchel... It's not huge, but is full size. Susan, those 'renderings' Macy's (and others) tends to use instead of photographs are often deceptive when you compare them to the measurements listed.

In my pantry with my cupcakes...
Honored Contributor
On 10/13/2014 stevieb said:

Agree. Just went to the site myself to look at something else and checked the measurements for this bag. It is NOT a Bitsy bag, but a full size satchel... It's not huge, but is full size. Susan, those 'renderings' Macy's (and others) tends to use instead of photographs are often deceptive when you compare them to the measurements listed.

Hi stevieb, Well, can't trust measurements (D&B's and Macy's don't match for this bag), can't trust the 'renderings' AND the pics half the time either.

I just noticed the difference in the red patent leather between the bag in Macy's pic and D&B's pic. The Macy's pic shows the red patent leather (look along the bottom) to be like almost a cranberry/wine (I prefer) but the one in the D&B pic has the red patent leather to be an "in your face" tomato-ish red...

I also realize that there are variations in the leather/dying...Hmmmm. In this case, I don't know if it's the lighting, or if the shades of red between batches of the red patent leather are that different {#emotions_dlg.confused1}