Contributor

I have plantar fasciitis and find Birkenstock’s the only sandals/clogs I can wear.  I have custom orthotics but can’t find shoes that can hold an orthotic and stay on my foot.  So I’m left with Birkenstock’s.  I was wondering how NAOT compares?  Same amount of arch support?  Do they run wide?  They have so many more dressier styles.  

Any other suggestions?

Honored Contributor

You might try Alegria.  The footbed in most styles is removable so you could use your orthodic.  The arch support is not as extreme as that in the Birki and is softer.  I think they run a bit wide; I wear a B width and many of them are a tad too wide for me and take some adjustment.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Honored Contributor

I prefer Naot to Birkenstock but that is always personal preference with the way shoes fit one's foot.  I suggest you stick with Birkenstock if it works for you. I could absolutely not wear Birkenstock but I always stick with what works for me.

Esteemed Contributor

Re: NAOT vs. Birkenstock

[ Edited ]

Naot has some cute styles but I can't wear them.  They're cut more narrow than Birkenstocks.  Birkenstocks fit my feet better.  I also can't wear Alegria shoes because the toe box is too small.  

Respected Contributor

@MathgalI agree with @Kachina624 that Alegria would be a better choice than Naot...I have found Naot to be more of a narrower shoe.  I also have plantar fasciitis and have worn Birkenstock in the past but have since converted to Alegria.  I love the variety of widths and the overall comfort of the footbed...plus you can remove the footbed on most of Alegrias and wear your own orthotics if needed.

Contributor

Thanks for the advice.  I have a wide forefoot and narrow heel so NAOT sounds like it would not work.  I didn’t know that Alegria had a removable insole.  I’ll try it!

Honored Contributor

Re: NAOT vs. Birkenstock

[ Edited ]

@MathgalI have worn Birks most of my adult life.  I discovered Naots about 10 years ago...Naot Matai is my all time favorite shoe that I have ever worn.  The most comfort, arch support, soft yet supportive, room in the toe box, the width is perfect (average+);  over all best shoe I have ever worn.  You might want to try these gems, if you have the opportunity.  Different styles of Naots fit differently, but I've never met one I haven't enjoyed wearing.  (I love my Birks too, but a stiff feel compared to the Naots.)  

The leather is beautiful, but I'm not buying anymore.  I do wear what I've already accumulated over the years.

Esteemed Contributor

NAOT.