Super Contributor

My first pair of Vionics are due to be delivered today!!

I don't know how many times I debated the Skylar, not only ordering a pair period, but what color. I ended up ordering white, although it is still too cold for them, and you know, the 'old rule' about no white before Memorial Day (which I have started to ignore this rule, the older I get. If it is remotely warm, I will consider wearing white!! Summer goes fast enough as it is!!).

I must admit, I am excited and nervous. OVER SHOES, lol.

I have never had Vionics, just this past year I went with my first pairs of Clarks, and I love the Clarks. I have read interesting things here on the MB, reviews here and other places, it seems people have luck with Vionics or Clarks, but not really both. So far the Clarks I have, I love. But I am hoping I will also love the Vionics. I have a friend who always 'preaches' to me that I need 'good supportive shoes' now that I am older.

Anyone gotten the Skylar yet..? Anyone like the Clarks, the Vionics, both, neither..?  

C'mon, big brown truck, I feel like a little kid at Christmas!!! 

Trusted Contributor

Re: My first pair of Vionics are due to be delivered today!!

Mine came yesterday and I immediately tried them on. I noticed that I seemed to be standing straighter and my feet felt more supported.

I walked around the house in them, but have not worn them out yet.

If they stay on my feet while I walk, I think I will like them. This is my first pair of Vionics.

I got the tortoise and they are very pretty!

Super Contributor

@flickerbulb wrote:

Mine came yesterday and I immediately tried them on. I noticed that I seemed to be standing straighter and my feet felt more supported.

I walked around the house in them, but have not worn them out yet.

If they stay on my feet while I walk, I think I will like them. This is my first pair of Vionics.

I got the tortoise and they are very pretty!

Oh, nice to hear! I debated the tortoise, as well, and almost ordered (2) pairs, but wanted to hold off and see how I like these. Glad to hear that so far they seem to be working out for you! 

Respected Contributor

@msh8970 wrote:

I don't know how many times I debated the Skylar, not only ordering a pair period, but what color. I ended up ordering white, although it is still too cold for them, and you know, the 'old rule' about no white before Memorial Day (which I have started to ignore this rule, the older I get. If it is remotely warm, I will consider wearing white!! Summer goes fast enough as it is!!).

I must admit, I am excited and nervous. OVER SHOES, lol.

I have never had Vionics, just this past year I went with my first pairs of Clarks, and I love the Clarks. I have read interesting things here on the MB, reviews here and other places, it seems people have luck with Vionics or Clarks, but not really both. So far the Clarks I have, I love. But I am hoping I will also love the Vionics. I have a friend who always 'preaches' to me that I need 'good supportive shoes' now that I am older.

Anyone gotten the Skylar yet..? Anyone like the Clarks, the Vionics, both, neither..?  

C'mon, big brown truck, I feel like a little kid at Christmas!!! 

Please know that not all people pronate.  I'm the opppsite, which I didn't know, and Vionics don't work for me.  My PT diagnosed me and told me to stay away from Vionics because they would push me in the wrong way and cause more pain.  That being said, I hope they work for you. 

Honored Contributor

I did not get the Skylar, but I really like both Vionics and Clarks. If I am not careful with my shoes, I get Plantar Fasciitis. I have orthotics for my shoes to prevent it and use them in my Clarks shoes, but I don't need to use them in the Vionics. It's nice to slip on a pair of shoes and not have to worry about taking my orthotics out of yesterday's shoes and moving them into today's shoes.

I find both brands to be hit or miss in sizing, but I think that's so with many brands.

I hope you love your new sandals, @msh8970!

Super Contributor

Well, they have arrived, I have tried them on, and my back heel extends over the back of the shoe a good half-inch. I sized down as they suggested (I am 8.5W, sized down to 8W). The middle strap, as some have mentioned I think in the review or maybe in other messages here on the MB, needs some adjusting and is a little bit tight. This is still the dead cold of Winter here, I can't imagine my feet trying to wear these in the constant heat and humidity that bestows upon us all Summer. Lastly, on me, these just do not look flattering, even trying to look at just the front, not the back heel overhanging. 

I do think these might work in maybe a size 9, or possibly even a size 10, for me. Thinking size 9 will still be too small with the back heel hanging over the back edge, and size 10 will likely be too big. Really wish they had half-sizes. For an orthotic shoe, I do not understand why they don't.  

I don't know, will probably just send these back. Not interested in playing around with the sizing, shipping both ways, and they really are not flattering on the feet (for me/not my style preference once they are on my feet).  

Qgirl2, that seems to be my sitautions, as well. I have to be really careful. 

Trusted Contributor

I have PF also and the Vionics, for me anyway, have improved my pain tremendously. You will not need to use anything in them. They mold to your feet so comfortable. They align your legs like they demonstrate. I will not be without them. I can no longer walk in bare feet period. I wear Vionics from first stepping out of bed until I get into bed. When I go out I sometimes where other shoes and sandals and have no problem but at home they have been my go to foot wear for 2 years now. Now I am going knock on wood while I write this. But just recently my left foot, that's the one that was in Agony, is no longer in pain at all. First time in long time, the only change I made was wearing Vionics. I hope you get them and they do for you what they have done for me. I have thrown out other footwear because I immediately noticed that my ankles were turning in when I put them on and knew I was not getting the proper support. Good Luck. Oh I also put the VIONIC foot beds that they sell in my sneakers when I wear them. 

Trusted Contributor

Forgot, received the Skylar today and love them. Fit like a glove and oh so comfy. I have a high instep so these are heavenly on my feet.

Super Contributor

@Lucylu12 wrote:

Forgot, received the Skylar today and love them. Fit like a glove and oh so comfy. I have a high instep so these are heavenly on my feet.

See, that is my main issue, I have a high instep, also. I kind of debated this style because of my high instep. I have the High Tide on waitlist (actually it is in process as of now), so I am hoping the High Tide will work better because there are really no straps to get in the way of my instep. But I did end up editting that High Tide order to size up (probably the reason it went from Waitlist to In Process), as sizing down apparently does not work for me with Vionics (the toes sit at the normal postition, but my heel extends over the back, a good 1/2"). Hopefully the High Tides will work. I do have a pair of Clarks that I ordered the end of last Summer, a slide/sandal, and it feels like a slipper when I wear it. I am thinking Clarks might be more for me. Will try the High Tide Vionic, though. 

Respected Contributor

I got the tortoise ones today.  The size is right and the straps and everything are comfortable but they feel so weird.  I am going to try to wear them around the house a couple of days and see if I can get adjusted to them.