Trusted Contributor

Re: My coat bled dye onto my Logo Lock

On 11/5/2014 okiebug said:

I would talk to CS and get replacements for both items. The coat shouldn't be transferring color on everything and since it transferred to a new bag bought here, they should replace it as well. I would take pictures of the bag showing the difference in the color.

ITA! This was caused by QVC's defective merchandise. You might not get anywhere, but you should definitely try contacting customer service.

Trusted Contributor

On 11/5/2014 rdiazMiami said:
On 11/5/2014 jaxs mom said:
On 11/5/2014 rdiazMiami said:

jaxs mom, I'm glad to hear you'll be getting replacements and <em>really</em> impressed by the Q's actions.

{#emotions_dlg.thumbup}

Yes, I'm really impressed too. They called me the first time almost immediately after I posted this thread.

Makes me want to buy a bag in appreciation (maybe the Dooney TSV)... {#emotions_dlg.w00t}

{#emotions_dlg.lol} We'll jump at any excuse to get a new bag!!! But seriously, I'm very impressed too by their actions. Way to go QVC!!

{#emotions_dlg.thumbup1}

KJPA
Valued Contributor

On 11/5/2014 jaxs mom said:
On 11/4/2014 tough_kitty said: Wow, that's just terrible. I hope you can fix the bag. In the meantime, I ordered the black washable suede Dennis Baso coat and now I'm wondering - should I be careful wearing it with certain bags??

I've never had issues with suede before, but like Stevie posted I think that these kinds of things can happen as a fluke to any product. Years ago I didn't wash a new pair of jeans before wearing them and they left big blue marks on the leather seats of our truck. Much worse than the what happened to my logo lock. I saw it immediately and was able to get most of it out. But I'd bet that car interior leather is probably treated to reduce chance of permanent staining more than handbags are. By the way, I always make sure to wash dark colored pants now before wearing. I didn't think to do it with the coat though.

That's too funny about the jeans Smiley Happy I guess I never had to worry about this stuff before because my jeans were always fine and I didn't have any suede coats or leather purses...other than G.Benini, which was fine.

Wow, I am impressed QVC called you after they read this thread?!? Nice!

Honored Contributor

{#emotions_dlg.thumbup}

Yea!! Kudos to Q for managing this as they are. And boy, they must really be on a roll about trying to enhance customer relations, given the several posts I'm seeing about them taking action based on things they're seeing posted on these boards... Here's hoping your replacement items are perfect and, please, do soak that next jacket!

Wink

In my pantry with my cupcakes...
Respected Contributor

I'm happy Q is taking care of this for you. I wouldn't want another coat though. I'm sure the next one will be the same. It will make your car seats look dirty too. Either that or wash it a couple times before wearing. Rub an old terry cloth (white) on your coat to see if any dye comes off. Only carry dark purses with the coat until you see how it does.

Honored Contributor

Just what coat is this anyway, in case anyone might be interested, it might help them to know this is a potential problem...?

Honored Contributor

Denim & Co. Faux Suede Jacket w/ Sherpa Lining & Pockets A238064

My daughter has the brown one and didn't have any problem with hers. I also didn't have any problems with the inside of the jacket ( which is dyed to match the outside) bleeding color onto my clothing. I have the black one

Don't Change Your Authenticity for Approval
Honored Contributor

I went back and looked at the reviews and I did see some complaints about color rubbing off and onto purses, seats in cars and clothing. I only recently started buying clothes on QVC but my mom has bought for years and loves everything so it really didn't occur to me to check the reviews. It does seem to be a small number of people saying they had color transfer and it happened with the navy coat also. The reviews I saw were all from a year ago too.

Well I'm willing to give it another go, but like I already posted I'm going to give it multiple washes with vinegar before wearing it.

Honored Contributor

So, are you considering holding onto the coin purse just in case...? I mean, you could always return it once you know the new bag has one of its own...

Honored Contributor

No I sent back the coin purse. They are sending me a new bag so it should have the accessories.