Honored Contributor

Re: My coat bled dye onto my Logo Lock

This website's functionality should be a corporate embarrassment. It's always been 'catch as catch can' and by now, years later, they really should've taken drastic steps to offer something more universally usable... I was having problems earlier in the week and haven't tried to do anything today so who knows... I'm also on a PC, but really, it shouldn't be as fickle as it so frequently seems to be. You'd think those supposedly in the know would understand the reality that good customer service also includes a website that doesn't routinely have a mind of its own, thereby impacting customers in so many different ways.

In my pantry with my cupcakes...
Honored Contributor

I wish I could be able to wear a coat, or even a jacket. Here where I am in California I haven't worn a coat in years. A sweat shirt is pushing it.

Hope you get it out. I had NYDJ black jeans a while back and it dyed everything black! My car leather seats, my hands, the furniture. Awful. My handbags are mostly black, luckily. But I did wipe them a bit with leather oil and you could see the pant dye had rubbed off on purse. I was livid.

Valued Contributor

On 11/6/2014 shoekitty said:

I wish I could be able to wear a coat, or even a jacket. Here where I am in California I haven't worn a coat in years. A sweat shirt is pushing it.

Hope you get it out. I had NYDJ black jeans a while back and it dyed everything black! My car leather seats, my hands, the furniture. Awful. My handbags are mostly black, luckily. But I did wipe them a bit with leather oil and you could see the pant dye had rubbed off on purse. I was livid.

shoekitty, which part of CA do you live in? Must be SoCal? It gets colder in Sacramento sometimes...mostly in Dec-Feb. But when I traveled to SoCal for work in January I noticed that it's much warmer over there.

Honored Contributor

The times I've been in So Cal, between San Diego and LA, I never needed anything more than a light jacket, regardless of the time of year...

Valued Contributor

On 11/6/2014 stevieb said:

The times I've been in So Cal, between San Diego and LA, I never needed anything more than a light jacket, regardless of the time of year...

That's why I love California! Smiley Happy Would love to move to Orange County but it's way too expensive....Sacramento is a compromise. Still CA, but more affordable. However, sometimes I miss an opportunity to wear coats and boots!

Honored Contributor

On 11/6/2014 tough_kitty said:

That's why I love California! Smiley Happy Would love to move to Orange County but it's way too expensive....Sacramento is a compromise. Still CA, but more affordable. However, sometimes I miss an opportunity to wear coats and boots!

You can always go to Yosemite in the winter, it's gorgeous then. And there is always Tahoe or Lassen, also beautiful in winter. I grew up in So CA and still have family and in laws in Orange Co. I moved to No CA later but we left the state years ago. It's really pretty, but that's about the only thing I like about it. There are some really nice rural areas.

Don't Change Your Authenticity for Approval
Highlighted
Honored Contributor

I love all of CA, well, most of it, anyway... And at one time toyed with living there, but I guess I'm just an easterner at heart. I'd miss the seasons and the proximity to areas I know and love... Were I to live in CA, it'd be a toss-up for me between somewhere between LA and San Diego, Santa Barbara or somewhere farther north like Carmel or Monterey...

Valued Contributor

Ladies, these are all amazing places! Smiley Happy I moved to CA from Europe so I can't even imagine moving to a different state but who knows what future will bring. 10 years ago I didn't even dream about visiting the States, but here I am! As for the Yosemite and Lake Tahoe - it's all great, except I'm single, no family here, so no one to go with and it's no fun to go by myself.... hence the idea of a traveling job.....and even if I wanted to go somewhere on my own, after all my recent handbag purchases I simply cannot afford it! Lol. Time to change my priorities!
Honored Contributor

On 11/6/2014 shoekitty said:

shoekitty, which part of CA do you live in? Must be SoCal? It gets colder in Sacramento sometimes...mostly in Dec-Feb. But when I traveled to SoCal for work in January I noticed that it's much warmer over there.

I live near the coast, inland a bit. Today it was 80 degrees and hotter tomorrow. I am going to visit daughter (she lives in So Cal) and it is 89 there! It never ends here. The nights are cool, but a sweater (light) is all I really need. We used to have seasons, well 3 anyway. Now, it seems Fall is just summer without leaves and cooler nights. Further North of us gets colder weather, and it used to snow. We have had such a drought, rain is a coveted experience!

Valued Contributor

shoekitty, yes, we experienced the draught over here as well. Hopefully, we get more rain this time around!

I can't wait to travel to So Cal starting January! I love the ocean! And the warmer weather is nice too.