Valued Contributor

Re: My coat bled dye onto my Logo Lock

On 11/5/2014 stevieb said:

So, are you considering holding onto the coin purse just in case...? I mean, you could always return it once you know the new bag has one of its own...

Hahaha. Evil stevie spoke ;P
Honored Contributor

Tsk tsk... not being evil. They've been known to ship without the coin purse on occasion...

In my pantry with my cupcakes...
Respected Contributor

jaxs mom: glad QVC is taking good care of you. I used to take a clean white wash cloth with me when I shopped for handbags to be sure the color didn't rub off. I never thought to do that with clothing, but I know a lot of people who have had problems with dark jeans and other dark fabrics transferring dye onto lighter clothing or handbags. I think it's a combination of factors... the dye and production process, friction of the body against the fabrics, and also body heat and moisture. Dye from clothing frequently rubs off under the arms or at the waist. Dye from handbags rubs off when the handbag is carried on the shoulder and under the arm. And I've had dye from clothing rub off onto light colored leather car seats... the repeated friction of sliding in and out of the seat.

Honored Contributor

Maybe I'm just feeling cranky today but I feel like calling and have them just keep the coat and the bag. I'm sure I'll change my mind once it gets here and I see the pretty orange color again. I just don't want a repeat. Maybe I should post asking how others LL bags have held up over the years to ease my mind?

Don't Change Your Authenticity for Approval
Valued Contributor

On 11/6/2014 jaxs mom said:

Maybe I'm just feeling cranky today but I feel like calling and have them just keep the coat and the bag. I'm sure I'll change my mind once it gets here and I see the pretty orange color again. I just don't want a repeat. Maybe I should post asking how others LL bags have held up over the years to ease my mind?

Or maybe you just don't wear the suede coat together with the bag? I don't think you'll have those issues if you carry your bag with other materials?? But I might be wrong.

Honored Contributor

It wasn't the bag, it was the coat. The only thing you need to be wary of is other clothes that rub off... Personally, I think some clothes have always 'bled' but the problem does seem to be more pronounced with today's production methods... Still, the problem wasn't with the bag and maybe the key is to be very cautious for a while about wearing new, dark colors with the bag, or to accept, as I tend to do, that most things are not going to remain pristine... I get it that some folks like their leather bags to stay new looking forever, and I do too with some, usually structured, bags. But with more slouchy items, among which I would include the LL, it seems to me they actually look better once they get broken in and develop a little 'character'. Of course, that doesn't mean that I like big blotchy stains on my bags!

Honored Contributor

On 11/6/2014 tough_kitty said:

Or maybe you just don't wear the suede coat together with the bag? I don't think you'll have those issues if you carry your bag with other materials?? But I might be wrong.

Well that would be really annoying. That would basically mean I'd have to change my bag every time I want to wear the coat. Or I'd just have to not carry my orange bag all winter. I bought it because I needed a black coat that wasn't too warm. I'm probably going to wear the coat most of the winter, except when it's very cold and snowy and I need my wool or fur lined ones. It's not even real suede.

Ok I am feeling cranky, nothing personal TK

Don't Change Your Authenticity for Approval
Valued Contributor

On 11/6/2014 tough_kitty said:

Well that would be really annoying. That would basically mean I'd have to change my bag every time I want to wear the coat. Or I'd just have to not carry my orange bag all winter. I bought it because I needed a black coat that wasn't too warm. I'm probably going to wear the coat most of the winter, except when it's very cold and snowy and I need my wool or fur lined ones. It's not even real suede.

Ok I am feeling cranky, nothing personal TK

I get it, but if as stevie said, it's the coat, how do you know you won't have the exact same problem with a different bag?? Don't blame the bag! LOL.

Honored Contributor

So do as you planned. Wash the coat a number of times. Use the vinegar, and then test the coat on something else before you wear it with the bag.

Gosh, you know, I'm beginning to feel cranky too...

Valued Contributor

Make it three. LOL. Apparently QVC is making some changes to their website - you can notice if you try to edit your easy payments....and seems like they changed other stuff, because I cannot log into my orders page on my Kindle tablet!!! It just doesn't take me to the next page!!!

Thank God, I can still access the forum and post comments, but it seems like I won't be able to shop on Q using my Kindle tablet anymore! Perhaps it's for the better. LOL. But it was annoying last night....I called CS and didn't get much help. I know it's the browser issue because I can access my account on my phone and at work on my computer. I normally don't sit in front of the computer at home.