Super Contributor

My Alegria's have started squeaking

when I walk. They're very comfortable and I wear them almost every day. They have just recently started squeaking and I can't abide that. Has this happened to anyone else?

Super Contributor

Re: My Alegria's have started squeaking

Is this happening all the time whenever you walk or just on certain types of flooring, like tile? How long have you had them?

Unfortunately I think that is a problem with many brands of shoes that use that same type of rubber sole and heel last or whatever they call it in the shoe industry. I have read reviews complaining about Clarks squeaking too (and have had that problem myself).

I have noticed, and think it happens when the rubber sole "relaxes" over time when you've worn them for a while but that is just a guess. I have no professional shoe industry experience to speak of. Also now that I think of it, I have had NEW shoes with that type of sole squeaking.....it's really annoying.

I don't think there is anything you can do other than stop wearing the shoes. It is really frustrating, I know.

Honored Contributor

I had the same problem. I emailed CS at the company and they sent me without charge a different set of footbeds. You can also try sprinkling some body powder under the footbed. You can find their URL online and go to ""contact us"".
New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment

My Alegria shoes have started to squeek! I just ordered the TSV, and now I'm worried. This is my second pair in just a few months! Any advice?

Honored Contributor

@redngold...my Birkis used to do that so I stopped buying them.  I've never tried Alegrias, but now that I've read your post, I'm certain I'm not going to try them.

Time is just a drop in the bucket compared to eternity. It isn’t how long you live that matters; it is how well you are prepared to die. ~~Colonel Robert B. Thieme, Jr.
Honored Contributor

I tried a pair from Zulily.  They squeaked and were uncomfortable. I donated them.

Highlighted
Honored Contributor

I've got eight pair and none have ever squeaked.  I love this brand.

“You can’t wait until life isn’t hard anymore to be happy”. (By Nightbirde, singer of the song, It’s Ok)
Frequent Contributor

[ Edited ]

I own one pair of Alegria's and YES they squeak. It's so annoying. I will try removing the insoles and applying powder. They are comfortable but probably won't invest in another pair. I'll stick with Mephisto sandals!

Honored Contributor

I ordered two of the TSV prior to this past one and they both squeeked. They squeeked on hardwood floors, carpet & tile.  I sent both of them back.  I did however order the wedge TSV to try again.  If they squeek back they go and I'm done with Alegria!