Honored Contributor

Re: Most expensive shoes

[ Edited ]

Two come to mind ...

Some Spring Step (Chopin) that I bought in 2013, and a pair of Bata shoes I bought in 2010 when I was in Florence, Italy.

I have a lot of shoes - and rarely wear the same pair two days in a row - so they last me forever.  I'm still wearing shoes I bought in 2003 - my "infamous summer of the broken arm."

I only keep shoes I "love," treat them gently and wear them forever.

Valued Contributor

My Mephsito sandals....$150 each. Love em 

Honored Contributor

@seaglass1 

Currently, my most expensive ones are my snake print Lucky Brand ankle boots. I paid $80 and they are now listed for $100. More than I usually pay but I think I will get a lot of use out of them. Very sharp looking. 

I have paid more for a few pairs of shoes in the past, like hiking boots worn a lot. I usually purchase my shoes on sale and tend to require a lower price before I’ll let myself buy ones I am unlikely to wear very often.

Esteemed Contributor

When I was twenty three ( living in Germany with my first "real" job ) I went to Paris for the weekend and went shoe shopping on Champs Elysee.  I bought two pairs of very fashionable patent buckled shoes ( one black, one bronze ).  Trying to be cool I did the franc translation in my head ( pre Euro ).  I checked my math when I got back to hotel ( in today's $ they would be over $300 a pair).  They were beautiful and comfortable; I wore them out!

Esteemed Contributor

Not sure what my most expensive ones have been, I don't think I've ever spent over 200.00 on them. Shoes are one place I don't scrimp though. Have had 2 foot surgeries. If they hurt my feet, I don't wear them. 

Regular Contributor

Frye harness 8r engineering boots $358. They will last for ever.

Super Contributor

I wanted to 'splurge' on Manolo's and was so disappointed that they were to wide for my narrow feet.  Same with Louboutin's.  

Super Contributor

My most expensive are my Acquatalia boots & my Tory Burch boots.  I have very hard to fit feet and finding shoes is a real challenge.  In the 1990's I scoured second hand shops for Ferragamo's .... 9 quad A heel.  Even at second hand they were pricey.

Super Contributor

swoon...I love the designer looks.  

Super Contributor

What a lovely memory.  Thank you for sharing.