Occasional Contributor

More 'Wide' Widths and Less 3" Heels Please

I've been looking at all the new shoe styles and the FFany shoes.  

I love so many of them, but I haven't found any in Wide or with less than 3" heels.

Nine West S8893

Isaac A294597

New York Transit S8758

Aerosoles A359870

Aerosoles A355280

and many other styles/brands.

Is it just 'easier' to make medium width shoes?

This is very sad because I know there are many of us who need wide widths and maybe 2-1/2 inch heels.

Honored Contributor

Re: More 'Wide' Widths and Less 3" Heels Please

I wonder if its because wide widths (which I have too) are more difficult to fit.

I wouldn't order from any shoes online because I have to try it on first before buying it.

There are only certain styles my foot will fit into, and I think everyone's wide foot is different in different ways, more than a medium width.

Same with narrow feet-some are narrow at the back and front, some not etc.

I just admire all the pretty shoes on others. I'm really happy when I can find a shoe that doesn't hurt and looks pretty nice (okay not ugly😬) as well!

"If you walk the footsteps of a stranger, you'll learn things you never knew. Can you sing with all the voices of the mountains? can you paint with all the colors of the wind?"
Respected Contributor

The FFANY shoes are donated.  From what I've read they are the leftover sizes or discontinued styles.  Wide widths could be sold out before the shoes are donated.

Honored Contributor

Really? I think the shoe choices are pretty boring. I'd like more taller heels, 3 inch isn't even that tall. Not that I really buy shoes from QVC. 

Don't Change Your Authenticity for Approval
Respected Contributor

@jaxs mom wrote:

Really? I think the shoe choices are pretty boring. I'd like more taller heels, 3 inch isn't even that tall. Not that I really buy shoes from QVC. 

@jaxs mom I totally agree with you. I am a heels girl. I generally am not even interested in a shoe if it’s under 3”. LOL!

Esteemed Contributor

I think that the shoe manufacturer executives as well as the shoe buyers (whether QVC or some other company) are totally disconnected from their customer's wants and needs.

I think that they put their own interests ahead of what customers really want and what they really wear in real life.

In real life I never see even young women wearing sky high heels. The only time I see young women wearing night club high shoes is in Las Vegas and usually they are carrying those shoes in their hands because their feet hurt.

Those FFANY shoes look like shoes that were made for the event or castoffs that didn't sell elsewhere. I don't think FFANY is the charity event that it was in the past. People can buy shoes anywhere now so it's just not a draw when shoes that aren't wearable is what is being offered for sale.

Honored Contributor

I wear a slim or narrow shoe - I feel really left out.  I don't think I have ever seen a shoe offered in narrow on QVC - but then I never watch the shoe shows so maybe there has been.  

Respected Contributor

@DiAnne wrote:

I wear a slim or narrow shoe - I feel really left out.  I don't think I have ever seen a shoe offered in narrow on QVC - but then I never watch the shoe shows so maybe there has been.  

Every once in a while there is a shoe in narrow, but they are few and far between.

Valued Contributor

I also would love to see more wide width shoes in any style. 

Respected Contributor

@DiAnne wrote:

I'm with you! I can get away with regular width sandals but I need a narrow for closed toe and heel styles.

Are there really that many more women with wide feet than narrow?