Trusted Contributor

People should keep in mind, too, that "ugly" is a subjective term.

Many people do not think some of these styles are "ugly" at all.

Although when I think of pretty shoes I always think of more delicate shoes, dressier shoes that make my feet look smaller and better....heels and lower cut vamps etc., I don't think that a lot of these very high style designer shoes are that pretty at all. Some of the really high style expensive ones look almost grotesque to me, with the thick platforms, etc. And the way women end up walking in them make them look ridiculous. Little mincing steps, very unnatural, very awkward.

So, I'm just saying this to illustrate it's just a subjective opinion and different for everyone.

Your "ugly" may be cute to someone else, and what you find cute may be ridiculous to them.

Again, it's easy enough to just find something more to your style. No hard problem there.

Trusted Contributor

The bottom line is that QVC would not be selling these shoes and others if they weren't making money from them. If they don't appeal to you then don't buy them, plenty of others will. There are more than 1000 pairs of shoes to choose from on the website of all different styles and brands so it seems like they have enough variety to satisfy most shoppers.

Honored Contributor

These are my new shoes and appear to be from the Ruth Buzzi collection. They were not cheap, and are extremely comfortable Alegria shoes. Fashionable? Probably not but at least I can walk in them. Many of the "fashionable" styles to me are butt ugly.

photo imagejpg1-87.jpg

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Esteemed Contributor
On 12/26/2014 Ford1224 said:

I guess this show is the "consolation prize" because they don't plan to give Sandra PM Style. There are at least six other host shoe shows, aren't there?

And, yes, the shoes, while not ugly, are not attractive either.

I was thinking the same thing. I don't get why they felt the need for another host shoe show, but then again, I don't get a lot of the decisions made by the Q Powers That Be.

Esteemed Contributor

Mom heel? Mom jean? Poor moms lol

Honored Contributor
On 12/28/2014 Kachina624 said:

These are my new shoes and appear to be from the Ruth Buzzi collection. They were not cheap, and are extremely comfortable Alegria shoes. Fashionable? Probably not but at least I can walk in them. Many of the "fashionable" styles to me are butt ugly.

photo imagejpg1-87.jpg

I like those! Love Alegria and Spring Step. Funky, not frumpy!!Smile

Regular Contributor

Yesterday's Clarks TSV looked like baked potatoes. There are so many other choices of cute shoes

I don't agree that a molded plastic wide footbed on a flat sole is the best shoe for most people. A strong core and hips and strong feet are so important. This comes from good fitness and wearing a variety of heel heights.

Honored Contributor

Unless I'm going to a wedding, I wear low-heeled boots and jeans. I will be 77 in January, and I will never stop wearing my "uniform." I wear lots of pretty tops/jackets with my jeans and boots, so ugly shoes are not my problem.

My favorite right now are Isaac's knee high leather/quilted look fabric boots in saddle tan, and they are as comfortable as slippers. In fact, I even wear them around the house sometimes. I get many compliments on them.

Formerly Ford1224
We must always take sides. Neutrality helps the oppressor, never the victim. Silence encourages the tormentor, never the tormented. Elie Wiesel 1986