Respected Contributor
On 12/27/2014 Knitgirly said:
On 12/27/2014 Ms X said:

Perhaps the Q was featuring its Ruth Buzzi collection.

Omg, laughing my ___ off! I used to watch laugh-in all the time! Thx Ms X!

Ruth Buzzie Collection...Haha haha!!! In glad I had swallowed my sip of tea before I saw that!
Honored Contributor

chessylady making a cheesy slap at the thousands and thousand of women who keep right on buying what she chooses not to wear.

Agree totally with the poster who suggested cheesy walk herself into a local store and buy shoes she loves. I'll just add - Do it while you can, woman Lots of good things come to an end when you least expect it.

Honored Contributor
This comes up all the time and I don't know why. If you can still wear high heels and cute modern shoes, you can buy shoes everwhere and anywhere, at every price point. Those of us who are 50ish and older and have foot issues, arent so lucky. Our footwear options are limited and Qvc realized there was a big untapped marked for comfortable shoes. And they target us. Trust me, 10 years, I didnt think there would ever be comfort shoes in my closet unless they belonged to my mother...lol. And then life stepped in and I decided I would rather walk gracefully through life than limp through it. So, stop insulting our shoes and go out and buy yourself some secsy red high heels. I wish I could.....
Respected Contributor
Millieshops, get over your indignation. I merely observed, with a bit of tongue-in-cheek, that the Q does not have a very good collection even for those of us who are older. If you don't think they are ugly, then that is your opinion. Yes I do shop for shoes in brick and morter stores.
Respected Contributor
On 12/27/2014 Ms X said:

I needed that this am

Honored Contributor
On 12/27/2014 brandiwine said:
On 12/27/2014 Ms X said:

{#emotions_dlg.lol} I needed that this am

OMG, I sprayed my screen with cappuccino.

It is possible to buy comfort brands that are attractive.

Honored Contributor

Your title cracked me up.

I'm a comfort shoe person but I buy attractive comfort shoes. I don't understand why every Clarks TSV looks the same. Ghastly.

Esteemed Contributor

I don't think they are ugly shoes, they are a more practical style which many women may like.

I think a variety of shoes are essential for a person's wardrobe - personally I'm not running around in heels when I go to the grocery store.

Respected Contributor

I will say that by wearing comfortable shoes, I have avoided developing bad feet like my sister and mom. We all have bad feet.. Flat, tendency to bunions and hammer toes.

My podiatrist years ago was treating me for warts (which I didn't realize I had gotten in HIGH school and had never taken care of) and for a hammer toe. He recommended low heel (not flat) shoes. My podiatrist in Germany fixed my plantar's fasciitis with a special orthotic and UGGGGGGGGLY sandals you can't get here (I still have two pairs and wear them if it acts up.)

I wear Beautifeel--which can look like dress shoes but are quite supportive and even then, I can't wear the pumps. My feet start to hurt. I also wear bootees a lot. I never wear ballet flats or high heels. I wish I could but I can't. On non work days, I wear Vionics or other walking shoes such as Ryka. Or short Earth boots. They can look stylish.

I'd love to wear Louboutin or Manolo Blahniks when I dress up but my feet are more important than my vanity..

Trusted Contributor

QVC is playing to the heart of its customer demographic -- mature ladies with foot problems who are looking for comfortable (if not downright orthopedic) shoes. Seems to be working for them!

Really, if you're looking for edgier, more fashionable shoes with high heels, slim cut, multiple straps, platform soles, shaped toes, or other stylish elements, it's usually much better to buy them at a place where you can try them on and make sure they fit, are reasonably comfortable -- and that you can walk in them!