Honored Contributor

Milestone Shoe Moment

[ Edited ]

About to reach a milestone shoe moment! 

I have 3 pairs of shoes that I am seriously considering donating. One pair rubs my ankle. They’ve got to go. The other two I rarely wear, but I keep going back and forth on my decision to get rid of them. 

If I get rid of one, two, or all 3 pairs I will own less than 30 pairs of shoes! The last time I owned so few pairs was in the 1980s. Considering I had close to 90 pairs at one time having less than 30 would be a milestone for me. 

I still love shoes and shoe shopping. Having the perfect shoe for each outfit is something I love. 🥰 Always a work in progress to keep my shoe wardrobe pared down somewhat. 😉

ETA: Took 2 pairs to the Goodwill this morning. New total 28. 

Honored Contributor

I hear you.  i have so many that look like new.  Hate to get rid of them but it's so hard.  And the minute I do, you know I'll need that pair for an occasion where I wish I still had them.

Valued Contributor

I have so many pairs of shoes that I love but, like you, I've got to donate or discard a bunch.  I have no more room for shoes!

Honored Contributor

I have 2 pairs of boots and 6 pairs of shoes, thats all!

Faith is the strength by which a shattered world shall emerge into the light. —Helen Keller
Respected Contributor

You must be a Gemini. Shoes and earrings (twins) are the two thing the twins can't get enough of.

Honored Contributor

@rms1954 wrote:

I hear you.  i have so many that look like new.  Hate to get rid of them but it's so hard.  And the minute I do, you know I'll need that pair for an occasion where I wish I still had them.

@rms1954 

Exactly! I still remember donating a pair several years ago & regretting it. 

Honored Contributor

@CherryHugs wrote:

I have 2 pairs of boots and 6 pairs of shoes, thats all!

@CherryHugs 

I don’t know if I could ever survive with that few. 😱 But I give myself credit for downsizing quite a bit. 

Honored Contributor

@silkyk wrote:

You must be a Gemini. Shoes and earrings (twins) are the two thing the twins can't get enough of.

@silkyk 

Interesting, but I’m not a Gemini, and I don’t wear earrings. Just really love shoes. If I was a Gemini I guess I’d really have a massive shoe collection. 😉😱

Respected Contributor

Re: Milestone Shoe Moment

[ Edited ]

@wilma I commiserate with you, Wilma.  I even had shoes that are sort of "pinchy" that I cannot give up.  Don't know why they no longer fit well but I can only hope.  I  have one pair that was "saved" when the consigment store closed...now open, but the moment is gone. 

Esteemed Contributor

@wilma  Your post has restored my faith in a shoe lover (you) and the number of shoes she needs.

I remember when you posted a picture of your closet. You stated all your shoes are housed on the floor of the closet. If I recall correctly one side of your closed had double poles where you could not stack shoeboxes. The other side had about 5 boxes on the floor. In awe, I thought perhaps you had taken Marie Kondo or living a minimalist life too far.😄

All that to say I'm happy you have not gone off the deep end and have a respectable shoe wardrobe. Charitable giving is a win-win. The recipient is lucky to get shoes that no longer work for you and you get to purchase a new pair or six!😄