Trusted Contributor

Re: Might have finally found my holy grail handbag

Surprisingly, the handles do lay almost flat against the sides when I put them down. In fact, they won't stay upright, which is fine with me!

Honored Contributor

Congratulations! Finding the perfect bag is a great feeling! So many are close, but not quite. I also love outside pockets for quick phone access, but I also need a bag that can go cross body for when I need to haul all my groceries up the stairs.

Honored Contributor

On 1/14/2015 NiteStar said:

Surprisingly, the handles do lay almost flat against the sides when I put them down. In fact, they won't stay upright, which is fine with me!

Good to know! Thanks for the update, because this little tidbit of information makes me think twice. I love the look of this one in red! Interesting that the offer a 'plum' but per the video it's actually more of a brown. While I'm not much into purple anyway, if I had an inking that the plum might actually be some sort of blending of deep purple and burgundy, I might be very tempted.

In my pantry with my cupcakes...
Honored Contributor

Thanks for the post...I just found it...and ordered the red. Clearance price and ezpay was the bait and I bit!

I have a couple of her bags and like them very much.

I am with you on the details you look for....I just donated 3 almost BRAND new bags to a Women's Shelter since they fell into the 'What was I thinking' category! No outside pockets? Has an inside compartment? Those are usually a deal breaker for me so how these got in my closet I will never know!

I am keeping my fingers crossed that my Lori G. purse organizer fits inside...sure looked like it would.

I also hope the strap fits over my 37 layers of winter clothes I have been wearing these frigid days! I hate when a bag flops off my coat (or coats!!)

Thanks again for sharing!

Valued Contributor

I love bags, I hate this bag! I hope you like it. When I by bags they talk to me, this one I could not do.
Honored Contributor

If this hits as is in any color I think I'm ordering... I like the bag but am not thinking the clearance price is as low as I want it to be!

Trusted Contributor

On 1/14/2015 stevieb said:

If this hits as is in any color I think I'm ordering... I like the bag but am not thinking the clearance price is as low as I want it to be!

{#emotions_dlg.biggrin} Wink

For your sake, I hope it does go to "as is" cause it is a fabulous bag. I have never paid this much for a handbag in my life, and don't know what possessed me to do so this time. But I am sooooooo glad I took the plunge and did. This bag has every single characteristic I look for in a handbag.......no other bag has had them all! I will carry this bag until it evaporates from old age.......LOVE it!

Highlighted
Honored Contributor

On 1/16/2015 NiteStar said:
On 1/14/2015 stevieb said:

{#emotions_dlg.biggrin} Wink

For your sake, I hope it does go to "as is" cause it is a fabulous bag. I have never paid this much for a handbag in my life, and don't know what possessed me to do so this time. But I am sooooooo glad I took the plunge and did. This bag has every single characteristic I look for in a handbag.......no other bag has had them all! I will carry this bag until it evaporates from old age.......LOVE it!

I do too... I might cave and buy it anyway, but I'd prefer handles to straps, so it doesn't quite meet all my requirements as well as it does yours...

Wink

Overall, though, I really like the bag and am primarily on the fence over color. The red is the one that catches my eye, but I'd be better served to go with one of the more neutral choices.