Trusted Contributor

Might have finally found my holy grail handbag

Guess I will know when I get it. I have purchased and returned so many bags over the years (not just from QVC), it's ridiculous......all on the quest of finding the perfect handbag for me. There are some features that for me, are not negotiable. Such as.....only one set of straps and they must be long enough to go over the shoulder; bag must zip closed, no middle zip compartment inside bag, flat handles (NOT rolled), and at least one outside pocket with no snaps, zippers, magnets, etc., that is large enough to get my cell phone in and out without my hand getting stuck in the pocket! {#emotions_dlg.laugh} And lastly, it cannot have a black lining that turns into a black hole! I don't like contrasting top-stitching either, but that one is negotiable. I also don't care if it's leather or pleather, or vinyl or nylon. I actually do prefer it not be leather since then it keeps the cost down. But finding all the qualities I want in one handbag has proven very difficult all these years. I find one that I think I like, but then something about it makes me not want to carry it very long. The latest is a Calvin Klein nylon bag I purchased from ShopHQ. I do like the bag a lot, but I am finding it is not quite large enough. Well..............I was channel surfing in the wee hours of the morning this morning while I was getting ready for work, and just happened to catch Alberti presenting this handbag by Camila Alves (heck....I didn't even know she designed handbags)! It has ALL the features I insist on and it's nice looking........however it is more that I want to spend. But I ordered it in the saddle color since that was the only color I liked, and we shall see when it gets here if it's everything I've ever wanted! Smile I still haven't figured how to put a picture in a post (I really am challenged technologically!) But the item number is A237456.

Esteemed Contributor

Re: Might have finally found my holy grail handbag

I can see why you'd flip over that bag - it has the things I want, like outside pockets.

Respected Contributor

Trusted Contributor

Thanks for posting the pic Hoovermom.

Trusted Contributor

I do have a quick question though. I've never had a handbag where the straps were not connected by "o" rings, etc. Since this bag just has the straps sewn directly to the bag.......does anyone have any experience with this type handle? Will the handles fold down against the bag or stay in the way when you are trying to get in and out of the bag? Tks!

Honored Contributor

That is adorable! I love the whip stitching and the color. Nice pick!

Trusted Contributor

Received my handbag and LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE it! Did I mention I love it!

Trusted Contributor

Mrs McConaughey created a gorgeous but practical bag. Love it.

Frequent Contributor

Happy for you that you've found your perfect handbag! You look for many of same features as I do! As to your concern about no "O" rings on handles I have found that to be a problem for me. I don't care for handles to "stand up" when purse is setting which chances are they do if they don't have "O" rings. I guess a fine leather may be soft enough, they will fall to sides. However, if you force them down to the sides, chances are over time they will begin to tear (at least that's been my experience). I have a bag by London Fog which I purchased here and although it's not leather, it looks great - ostrich look, dark brown. Love the bag but it has two handles and only one has "O" rings (just weird) and of course I know the handle that flops over without "O" rings will eventually tear - it was not a ton of money but still enough that I want it to look nice and last! Should have returned it but thought I'd get used to one handle standing up! LOL! Sooooo to address your concern, in the future, I personally won't buy handbags of this style without the "O" ring attachment.

Honored Contributor

I tend not to be much of a fan of her bags, but this is a very nice bag and is quite lovely. I suspect those handles will not fold down and it appears they're going to remain upright all the time. There is no mechanism, O ring or otherwise, evident that would allow them to fold and that is a bit of a problem for me. Still, a very pretty bag, good organization and a nice size, though I wish it was a tad deeper.

In my pantry with my cupcakes...