Occasional Contributor

Metatarsalgia pain of the ball of the foot.

Does anyone have  problems with the ball of your feet or foot? I do, I can not wear a shoe with a thin sole under the ball of the foot. I have to wear a shoe with a thicker sole  If you do have this, I would love for all of us to see if we could get the shoe reps. that come on QVC to sell thier shoe brand to tell us what the thickness, height is under the ball of the foot. They only give us the heel height. Why not this info also. I have sent so many pairs of shoes because it looks like a thick sole on tv, but when I recieve them it is too thin & hurts when I walk, & back to QVC they go. If any one else has this problem lets see if we can get QVC to ask the shoe reps. to give us this info. For me it is just as important if not more than the heel height. I am a older woman & do not like the platform that usually comes with a thicker sole. Thank You

Esteemed Contributor

Re: Metatarsalgia pain of the ball of the foot.

It won’t happen.  They sell lower cost shoes.  Motion control and cushioning need better construction.

Honored Contributor

@caribbean girl @I have the pain too.I wear yoga toes at night for an hour to try to create space between the nerves and bone.It helps somewhat.I also wear shear skin slippers in the house which feel ver soothing.Foot massage is helpful.Make sure all of your shoes have a wide toe box so your feet can spread.That is about all of the tips I have.I had injections in my feet a few years back that helped for awhile but you can only have that done three times.I think it isn’t very healthy.

Occasional Contributor

I had Mortons Neroma surgry on my left foot yrs. ago that they messed up. I will not let any one touch it again, it could get worse. That is why I need a thicker sole under the ball of the foot. Do you need a thick sole there?

Respected Contributor

Inexpensive shoes are not good on the feet, esp. older feet. Taryn Rose and other high end brands offer comfort.Talk with your podiatrist.

Respected Contributor

@caribbean girl 

The plea to QVC is fruitless.  

Instead, get to a foot doctor who can either create a temporary pad that surrounds and lifts the  metatarsal area ( think a “U” shaped cutout ) or suggest different brands of shoes ( I.e., Dansko, SAS, etc. ).

Then go to a foot store ( Shoefitters,  footSolutions, etc. ) and see the wide selection of shoes that are comfortable as well as decent looking.

I had the pain: wore thin-soles shoes at an exercise place and cracked the tiny bone as I stepped onto the corner of the bounce board.  That’s why one should wear the right shoe for the exercise !

The shoes that get suggested may be a little more money but probably less than you will spend constantly returning shoes to the Q.  And, less frustrating and better for your feet.

We make a living by what we get. We make a life by what we give.
Sir Winston Churchill
Occasional Contributor

Thank You So Much For The Info. I can not belive it was so fast. The reason I order on QVC is I live in a small town, not much shopping here, I am disabled with other things wrong with me also. It is hard for me to go from store to store looking for shoes. I just wish I could get the sole thickness info from them, it would be no more to them than giving the heel height. I am going to keep trying. Thank You Very Much, Have A Great Weekend

Occasional Contributor

I forgot to ask, do you have this problem also? Have you asked QVC for this shoe info  also? Thank You

Honored Contributor

@caribbean girl I feel so sorry for you!  I was having SO much pain  this time last year, I could barely walk after standing all day although I loved what I'm doing.

I got these metatarsal gel pads from amazon.  They go in the shoe just behind where big bone in the ball of the foot behind your large toe is.

I also wear metatarsal inserts in my boots in the winter.

Also, Foot Smart dot com has loads of pads and inserts for us.

Highlighted
Esteemed Contributor

Have you looked at Spenco shoes on QVC?  They have nice soles plus a metatarsal arch pad also.  I wear them when my feet are achy.