Respected Contributor

Mephisto shoes are expensive, but they do last forever. I bought DH a pair for Christmas - about $250, but he wore them for 10 years!  Just recently disposed of them and purchased another pair.  Of course he did not wear them daily, but they do last.  So the price broken down by longivity and comfort seems worthwhile.

Esteemed Contributor

Footwear is worth the expense IMO. Birkenstocks (original footbed) are my daily choice. I also frequently wear Finn and Mephisto. Have a couple pair of Alegra. I don't wear any closed back shoes; like my feet to breathe (diabetic), even in the coldest winter weather. A great leather lined shoe works well for me, keeps my feet from perspiring, and the shoe maintains it integrity for years.

If my feet aren't happy, I'm not happy! It's as simple as that. Worth the money for comfort.

Money screams; wealth whispers.
Honored Contributor

Oh boy pain was the understatement from wearing Vionics and Skechers!!!

but I do have good sneaks (Asics and NB) YET I hate to wear them -- its so HOT here that my feet literally sweat too!

I guess its just my feet telling me those "fun days" of flip flops may be over for a bit!  

I am going to buy a pair of Mephisto at Nordstroms because I know there will be no problem if they are uncomfortable or I just don't like them!

Frequent Contributor

I love Mephisto shoes, as I said...but I have another brand that I highly recommend for sandals and flip flops. They, too, are expensive...but worth it. Check out OluKai sandals. I have several pair...and they are supportive, comfortable....and really cute! They are made in Hawaii and are well worth the cost. 

Respected Contributor

I have quite a few pairs of Mephisto "Helen" sandals that I've collected over the past 14 or so years & they're the most comfortable shoes I own.  The arch support feels like it's custom made for my weird feet.  I find Vionic & Birkentock shoes to not be right for my feet.  The arch support is in the wrong place for me.

I tried on a pair of Chaco "Wayfarer" sandals last week, because I was curious about them but didn't want to order online without trying them on in person first.  It's a good thing I tried them on 1st, because the arch support felt very similar to Vionic to me, so Chaco shoes might work if you like Vionic, but it didn't feel comfortable on my feet at all.

Honored Contributor

Like i always say ,check out 6 pm, they have  them.

When you lose some one you L~O~V~E, that Memory of them, becomes a TREASURE.
Super Contributor

I have several pairs that I bought in a local store, have them for Years! I also love Finn Comfort-try the soft bed, I wore a pair for 10 years teaching first grade.

I got a couple pair new without box on ebay for a very good price.

The store I went to no longer exists ( not man stores carry this brand) so Zappos is a good choice. and 6PM

Trusted Contributor

@homedecor1  I have a pair of Mephisto sandals, and they seem to be the shoes I always choose when I'm running out the door. They look like Birkenstock's, sort of. The footbed is really supportive, they were comfortable right away, and they haven't worn out, even though they're several years old. I think I have the Helen. Much, much more comfortable than my Vionic sandals. I won't buy any more Vionics after they gave me a painful corn while on vacation. Woman Frustrated Should've brought these Mephistos!

Honored Contributor

mine are expected delivery Saturday.  Can't wait to try them