Honored Contributor

Re: Maybe evine is getting it right-good shows today

On 4/1/2015 Pecky said:

The only handbags that QVC has is D&B and Tig. They are getting stale also in the make up choices too.

Well, in fairness, they also have oryany and Issac often features bags, along with a few others, but no arguments here about their overall staleness... It's the same ten or so brands over and over...

I also like that Evine will schedule the TS for numerous hours throughout the day, but don't seem to feel compelled to always do half hour presentations every single hour of the day, no matter what else they might be selling during that hour... Evine also beats QVC hands down with Value Pay options and with free shipping...

QVC needs to worry a lot less about keeping their website fresh and spend a lot more time keeping their overall operation fresh, starting with more variety, better programming and being a whole lot less wedded to the same old - same old...

In my pantry with my cupcakes...
Super Contributor

Hey where are all the trashers and bashers that always ask why we are talking about Evine on a QVC forum? Did you ever stop think that we are trying to give the Q a message that it's time to step up or lose customers? I am finding more and more shows on Evine better than the Q's tired old same old same old. How about you? And don't get me started on the annoying hosts ( I'm really a size LAAARGE) and the guest's (amazing, gorgeous, I have the best clothes- interruption, interruption, interruption), etc.
Valued Contributor

On 3/31/2015 maximillian said:

I watched several hours on the evine shopping channel today because I love Patricia Nash handbags. Patricia brought some beautiful, reasonably priced bags today. Also, the customers were blessed with free shipping and many value pays on her bags. The shows were well done. The hosts were well-informed but allowed Patricia to talk about her products. There was no screeching and shrill, over-the-top frantic nonsense by the hosts. The hosts all had easy to listen to voices. Yes, I bought a bag. Well done, evine. Much better than many recent QVC shows by newer hosts that are being heavily promoted and pushed on us.

I felt the exact same way about Patricia's visit yesterday. I caught a few minutes of the first show and ended up recording the rest because of the tone and moderation in representing the bags. It was refreshing to watch and I wanted to buy.

Respected Contributor

I have been watching Evine alot these last 6 months, much more than QVC. They really brought up their game and they have good prices and lots of shipping deals.

Honored Contributor

Evine isn't shopping nirvana... but what I see is them at least striving to be better and succeeding. Personally, I think Evine is increasingly becoming what QVC used to be, but no longer is.

Honored Contributor

I watch Evine more than the other channels although HSN is a close second. I've been listening to the various bands all day. Personally, I could do without them.

~~~"Patience is the power to do nothing when doing something won't do anything but make everything worse"~~~
Honored Contributor

PN bags are ok, but I can guarantee you, when you get these bags home you will see that they are not like what you are used to from the Q. I do have one PN bag and I kept it because it reminded me of a bag I had back in the day, I would not buy another. I do prefer watching Evine these days, just because the hosts are more professional and the programing has been very good. I just got a Glitterscape jean jacket from them and it's fabulous, also a top from One World that I love. The prices are right and when the vendor is there S&H is like 2.99. I did notice their sizing is more like brick and mortar so be prepared to size up.

Respected Contributor

I've been enjoying Evine too. They do remind me of QVC when I first started watching. I've been very pleased with my Evine purchases. They have nice gemstone jewelry and the price is right. I've been happy with the clothing and makeup and the Waterford. I'm happy to spend my money there instead of QVC, since qvc doesn't seem to care anymore about the customer.
Honored Contributor

Nash bags are not Dooney. They're very different, a bit less 'finished' or 'dressy' and a bit more 'rustic', but I've always found them to be very nicely made and haven't been disappointed with them at all... It's just a completely different look. As noted, though, I don't tend to order them at full retail. Then again, I try not to pay full retail for Dooney either...

Wink

Valued Contributor

On 4/1/2015 stevieb said:

Nash bags are not Dooney. They're very different, a bit less 'finished' or 'dressy' and a bit more 'rustic', but I've always found them to be very nicely made and haven't been disappointed with them at all... It's just a completely different look. As noted, though, I don't tend to order them at full retail. Then again, I try not to pay full retail for Dooney either...

Wink

Rustic is an accurate description for these bags. I saw them recently at a local Macys store and they did look rustic and unfinished to me - no lining, right? So, I'm glad I haven't ordered them online because they didn't really appeal to me in person. But I would love to get me an old-fashion looking doctor's satchel.....just not the one they presented yesterday. That one seemed too long for me.