Respected Contributor

Maybe evine is getting it right-good shows today

I watched several hours on the evine shopping channel today because I love Patricia Nash handbags. Patricia brought some beautiful, reasonably priced bags today. Also, the customers were blessed with free shipping and many value pays on her bags. The shows were well done. The hosts were well-informed but allowed Patricia to talk about her products. There was no screeching and shrill, over-the-top frantic nonsense by the hosts. The hosts all had easy to listen to voices. Yes, I bought a bag. Well done, evine. Much better than many recent QVC shows by newer hosts that are being heavily promoted and pushed on us.

New Contributor

Re: Maybe evine is getting it right-good shows today

I agree. Love the new top value at new time.
Honored Contributor

I'm watching more and more Evine... and have been watching less and less QVC for a while now. They just don't seem to feature interesting products much anymore and yes, the hosts are almost all annoying.

In my pantry with my cupcakes...
Honored Contributor

I got a good laugh out of Patricia Nash today. She was introducing her "framed" TS handbag and said it looked "just like something your grandmother would have owned". I though ye gads, does she think that sort of pitch is going to sell those bags? Who wants a grandma bag? I think she needs to go to salesmanship 101.
New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Honored Contributor

Some of those handbags were so pretty.

Honored Contributor

On 3/31/2015 Kachina624 said: I got a good laugh out of Patricia Nash today. She was introducing her "framed" TS handbag and said it looked "just like something your grandmother would have owned". I though ye gads, does she think that sort of pitch is going to sell those bags? Who wants a grandma bag? I think she needs to go to salesmanship 101.

I don't know. I get your point, but there's a big market for nostalgia... and there's always a big market for a more classic look...

Honored Contributor

On 3/31/2015 Sister Golden Hair said:

Some of those handbags were so pretty.

Hey Sister... she really did. I watched several hours and she brought some great looking bags... I held back and didn't buy, but it sure wasn't for lack of appealing choices! There were so many!

Highlighted
Honored Contributor

And really appreciate that Evine often seems to offer gemstones... Not always to my liking, but at least they seem to have a nice variety AND, more importantly, they actually program gem days more than quarterly...

Valued Contributor

I have placed two orders in the last two months with Evine. Can't tell you how long it has been since I purchased, or even watched an entire show from Q. Used to love it.

Honored Contributor

I really enjoy Evine, I especially like the jewelry shows, which Jewelry is on tonight:-)