Honored Contributor

Re: Maribeth R., it appears you are incorrect re: shipping discount

On 2/7/2015 ValuSkr said:
On 2/7/2015 Tissyanne said:
On 2/7/2015 ValuSkr said:

Sounds like MBR isn't up-to-speed on the new policy. I'm sure someone told her afterwards.

That is correct, but she should be fully aware.

She's been on so long, she could host in her sleep. And TPTB would never come down hard on her. So she may be coasting...

She should be aware of policy, asleep or awake.
Esteemed Contributor

On 2/7/2015 diamondsforme said:
On 2/7/2015 circles said:
On 2/7/2015 diamondsforme said: I was charged for the first time ever $6.95 for returning a item in exchange for another. I called CS and the first person tried to tell me it was a charge for shipping back another item that I directly paid myself to have shipped back. I called again and got a different CS who said it was because I asked for a replacement and it wasn't defective. I told her the color was not accurately described and I simply wanted another color. She said as a one time courtesy she would remove the $6.95 charge.

Just so I am clear....and I thought I read the new s&h rules....if I send something back for a color exchange or a size exchange....I will still be charged for the $6.95 return plus the $3.00 charge for shipping it to me....total $9.95....only to be charged again ...$3.00 for that color/size change go come back to me....

Yep! I will definitely be thinking of my purchases very carefully now!

wow....

Trusted Contributor

On 2/7/2015 diamondsforme said:
On 2/7/2015 diamondsforme said: I was charged for the first time ever $6.95 for returning a item in exchange for another. I called CS and the first person tried to tell me it was a charge for shipping back another item that I directly paid myself to have shipped back. I called again and got a different CS who said it was because I asked for a replacement and it wasn't defective. I told her the color was not accurately described and I simply wanted another color. She said as a one time courtesy she would remove the $6.95 charge.

Just so I am clear....and I thought I read the new s&h rules....if I send something back for a color exchange or a size exchange....I will still be charged for the $6.95 return plus the $3.00 charge for shipping it to me....total $9.95....only to be charged again ...$3.00 for that color/size change go come back to me....

Yep! I will definitely be thinking of my purchases very carefully now!

wow....

Yep, and I'm sure there will be many more canceled orders because of the new policy! You can't always be certain you're going to like something until you try it on, and now you'll be penalized if it simply doesn't fit - how ridiculous! So rather than take the chance, I won't be ordering at all!
Trusted Contributor

I thought that this new return c rap was not starting until the 15th? Whats up with them doing it immediately?

The 'no reduced S&H" for the second item will cut my ordering WAY down.

ShopHQ doesn't do reduced shipping for 2nd item, nor do they credit original shipping, and it is TOO WALLET PAINFUL to shop there unless they do their $2.99 shipping deals. I only buy Dimitri and Manuela anyway, it is a good thing!

I did buy a pair of Emu slippers, and they were super wide. Not defective, just run wide. It was 7.99 to ship to me, and the return ship...all on me. Cost me 16.(ish) bucks to find out Emu's run wide.

ShopHQ had no sympathy at all. I may have well put 16 bucks in my shredder.

QVC is on the same track and I am outta buying here!(I have actually been hooked on Amazon lately. There is not one single thing I can search that they do not sell. Sort of dangerous, actually {#emotions_dlg.ohmy}. They had a special on Prime couple of weeks ago for $72.00, and I have already recouped my $72.00. Not on junk either, stuff I needed and did not want to go out in minus 10 degree weather for!)

And their sneaky "shipping and handling included" is just insulting, because I am not so dumb to not see the purchase price increased! The clothes at the Q have gone down in quality, their sizing is never consistent, they only carry 'their chosen brands' on home stuff now (can we say Dyson, Kitchen Aid, Bissell etc).

I still hang out on the boards because I enjoy the people, but my buying has been slim.

Honored Contributor

There is a lot of chatter about this new s/h policy. I did get an email about it. Not sure why EVERYONE did not. However if the hosts are going to talk about they NEED to get it right.

It seems now to be based on weight. Most things will be $3.00. There will be no more deals on 1/2 the amt of s/h if you buy more than one of the same. AND we will no longer be refunded ANY unless the product is defective or missing parts.

I want to know how they get away with saying s/h is included on some items like food. In the past food items seemed to be (at least) $10.95. Now it's hidden in the cost of the food item so how do we REALLY know how much it costs to get it to us. In this same light, just this past week I saw a shoe show for Clarks whereby the s/h was included. ON A PR OF SHOES??!! Really!!!! So just how much did it cost to send these out? The shoes were $70+ almost $80. Why would s/h be included? Never happened before with shoes. And I realize that some of those big platform Clarks would seem to be 'heavy' to send. Were the shoes really worth the amount they're charging us or what JUST TO MAKE UP FOR $3 s/h??!!

And if sizing on clothing isn't right according to their size chart and I have to return item(s) because of it, I get to send item(s) back on my dime OR NOW WORSE YET, use their prepaid return label STILL MARKED $6.95 when it only cost them AND me $3.00 to get it to me? THIS IS FAIR????? You've got to be kidding me.

I'll be spending my own money putting gas in my own auto to the infamous Brick & Mortar to (1) look and try on clothes to see how they look & fit, (2) NO s/h to get to me, (3) I can leave it on the rack due to BAD SIZING according to someone else's size chart.

Done with shopping here. Thanks, it USED TO BE FUN but certainly NOT ANYMORE. They change the terms depending on time of day, day of week. See ya, wouldn't want to be ya.

Honored Contributor

On 2/7/2015 K9buddy said:
On 2/7/2015 Sooner said:

Mary Beth Roe would be too polite to tell you how to spell her name. . . so I thought I'd do it for your benefit.

Such unnecessary snark. Do you really have nothing better to do?

I guess we are pretty dull people huh? Nothing better than THIS? LOL!!