Respected Contributor

Re: Looking For Bedroom Shoes That Feel Like Marshmallows!

@ECBG 

Totally forgot about what I am using for the flatter heel: it is by Clark's Collection and has adjustable straps.  The middle toe-to-ankle makes it easy to get into and eliminates the rough spots of the 3-strap only sandals.

image.jpg

We make a living by what we get. We make a life by what we give.
Sir Winston Churchill
Esteemed Contributor

EMU makes a good line of slippers.  Nothing like the real thing!  I have the mocs and love them.

Valued Contributor

@ECBG  LLBean has toasty slippers!

Honored Contributor

@pprmntstx wrote:

@ECBG  LLBean has toasty slippers!

@pprmntstx 

Thank you.  I'll take a look.  I live in slippers when I get home and often slide out of them when Shadow and I watch tv.  Actually, he sleeps!Smiley Happy

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@ECBG wrote:

I taught for 37 years, standing most of the time.  I have been in retail for 10 years, either on linoleum or thin carpet.

I ordered Ugg slippers from amazon.  A little faux fur and and you feel the sole.  I thought "these will really do it!".

Nope!

What is a wonderful slipper that feels wonderful on the foot?

I can't wear my Fly London at home because I need to have a flat foot some of the time.

Thanks!

@ECBG   Strange I know, but after years of running on a hard surface, planters fasciitis....I don't wear slippers anymore. I wear full support slides. The best I've found are  Easy Spirit, Naturualizer both in a canvas fabric. I have grey to match my robe, red and black. The best thing is I can go for the mail, go out to get Molly, etc. They have lots of support, thick rubber soles, etc. 

Honored Contributor

@Shanus 

This is REALLY going to sound nuts!  I want a slipper as comfortable as what I wear at work!

I can't wear the Fly London wedges at home because of the slight lift in the heel.

Trusted Contributor

@ECBG 

I am fond of Fly London as well.  During this pandemic, I decided to look for some casual shoes for my often indoor life.

I have now purchased three pairs of Spenco, and I like how they feel. My feet are M width, and Spenco does run a little wide.  I purchased W because I do wear thick socks with them and there is adjustment with a strap across.

My very recent purchase, here at the Q, was the Magnolia.  They arrived a few days ago, and I haven't taken them off!  They have memory foam footbed as well as the Spenco design.  Initially I wasn't sure about this shoe company, but I am glad I gave them a try.

Re:  slippers---I have mostly used Sketchers GoWalk, but I much prefer these Spencos.

My husband is sort of a shoe-guy and loves casual dressing (mostly LLBean), and he commented that these looked modern and stylish.  I had to laugh, but

honestly, they are in a casual sense.

Esteemed Contributor

@Janey2 wrote:

I wear Skechers with memory foam as slippers. Very comfortable for me.

That's exactly what I do.  Mine are several years old and the interior is still soft and cushy, but now it's molded to the shape of my foot.

"Breathe in, breathe out, move on." Jimmy Buffett
Highlighted
Valued Contributor

If you have achy feet, look for clogs or slip-on shoes from an orthopedic shoe manufacturer. I like Drew brand. I have acorn brand slippers that I put a good insole in, one with an arch support. I have an easy street slipper boot but it's hard so I added a gel insole. I have Minnetonka that I like but again no arch support. Maryland Square online has well made shoes. I also like Orthofeet shoes. If I am up and moving, even doing house work, I try to wear a shoe with an arch support and good sole. 

Respected Contributor

I've switched from slippers to cabin socks. Like little sweaters for your tootsies. LOVE them and keep me warm and comfy in my house....I mean cabin.