Valued Contributor

Re: Lisa's G.I.L.I. Backpack

On 12/30/2014 EZ shopper said:
On 12/30/2014 tough_kitty said:

I personally was amazed at the price of this backpack - $317!!! When it was sold first, it was about $286 or something like that. I got it back in May and sent it back because, even though it was pretty, it was extremely heavy and I didn't see the point in keeping it, if I were to use mostly the outside zipper pocket.

Hope you like it, but if you plan to use it as a handbag, why not get an actual handbag instead? Just a thought.

Your right. It is very expensive and I already have the blush roma 2 tote which I love. I just think the backpack is cool looking. On second thought, I will cancel and keep my eye out for an "as is" to appear as they always do.

I have the blush Roma 2 as well Smiley Happy And trust me, I understand your dilemmas. I really liked the backpack but I decided I won't be using it as much because if I go hiking, I'll take a regular Jansport one, and if I go out, I'd rather carry a purse. Hence, for me, I couldn't find a use for it, and the straps are a pain to adjust. Wasn't a fan of the hardware either, so for the price I decided to return it. I would have re-purchase it for maybe $100 Smiley Happy but it was VERY heavy too....and not as big inside. I am a big bag gal Smiley Happy

Super Contributor

On 12/30/2014 EZ shopper said:

I personally was amazed at the price of this backpack - $317!!! When it was sold first, it was about $286 or something like that. I got it back in May and sent it back because, even though it was pretty, it was extremely heavy and I didn't see the point in keeping it, if I were to use mostly the outside zipper pocket.

Hope you like it, but if you plan to use it as a handbag, why not get an actual handbag instead? Just a thought.

Your right. It is very expensive and I already have the blush roma 2 tote which I love. I just think the backpack is cool looking. On second thought, I will cancel and keep my eye out for an "as is" to appear as they always do.

I have the blush Roma 2 as well Smiley Happy And trust me, I understand your dilemmas. I really liked the backpack but I decided I won't be using it as much because if I go hiking, I'll take a regular Jansport one, and if I go out, I'd rather carry a purse. Hence, for me, I couldn't find a use for it, and the straps are a pain to adjust. Wasn't a fan of the hardware either, so for the price I decided to return it. I would have re-purchase it for maybe $100 Smiley Happy but it was VERY heavy too....and not as big inside. I am a big bag gal Smiley Happy

I feel the exact same way and am hoping an "as is" will be at least $100 cheaper. That would make it easier to purchase.

Trusted Contributor

I got the GILI backpack in blush and really like it, although I use it primarily over the shoulder with the rolled strap or as a crossbody - my favorite use of the bag (remove one of the backpack straps an attach the other to the top at its longer/longest length). In all fairness, I don't use it all the time... I am rotating amongst two Prix de Dressage bags, one hobo and one tote, both with crossbody straps, and the Gili backpack, Gili Roma 2 in Ivory ostrich, and original Gili crossbody (expandable with chain straps). The backpack is beautiful but the drawstring is not tight and should not be counted on for security. The leather is soft so the bag has no structure if set down (as opposed to hanging on a chair back). Still love it when the occasion calls for it. Edited to correct typos.
Trusted Contributor

I own the black and adore it. The leather is soft and gorgeous. It is on the heavy side but I don't put much in it. I just love a big bag. The way I like to carry it, which has never been shown on air. Is take the 2 straps off the back and hook to each side of the bag. It makes a double single handle medium length. Longer than the rolled over the shoulder strap. This is a perfect longer drape option if you don't want to use it over the shoulder with the rolled handle or as a crossbody or as a back pack. This is the way I carry it and it is so comfortable on the shoulder and the length of the straps this way is perfect. I hope I explained it right, but if you buy it try it that way it looks really nice and just melts into you. I love it and get more compliments on it. And all that's left hanging over the front of the bag is the rolled strap. It looks really nice this way.
Frequent Contributor

Just letting anyone who is interested, know that the Gili backpack is available now in blush in as is a260976 $179.29
Super Contributor

Just missed it!!!!!!!!!!!!

Respected Contributor

I think this bag is a beauty. Love the versatility. There are many times when being able to convert to a backpack would be ideal for me.

Frequent Contributor

On 12/31/2014 EZ shopper said:

Just missed it!!!!!!!!!!!!

As of now they have caramel and blush so I suggest you hurry. Type gili as is.
Frequent Contributor

EZ shopper let us know if you were able to grab one. It seems to still be available. Have a great day and happy new year:-)
Super Contributor

On 12/30/2014 Moon Dance said: I own the black and adore it. The leather is soft and gorgeous. It is on the heavy side but I don't put much in it. I just love a big bag. The way I like to carry it, which has never been shown on air. Is take the 2 straps off the back and hook to each side of the bag. It makes a double single handle medium length. Longer than the rolled over the shoulder strap. This is a perfect longer drape option if you don't want to use it over the shoulder with the rolled handle or as a crossbody or as a back pack. This is the way I carry it and it is so comfortable on the shoulder and the length of the straps this way is perfect. I hope I explained it right, but if you buy it try it that way it looks really nice and just melts into you. I love it and get more compliments on it. And all that's left hanging over the front of the bag is the rolled strap. It looks really nice this way.

What a clever idea!

I have to report for jury duty on Monday and am going to use my black GILI backpack. I loaded her up and did as you suggested with the straps - AWESOME! Thanks for sharing!

{#emotions_dlg.thumbup}