Valued Contributor

Re: Lisa's G.I.L.I. Backpack

I personally was amazed at the price of this backpack - $317!!! When it was sold first, it was about $286 or something like that. I got it back in May and sent it back because, even though it was pretty, it was extremely heavy and I didn't see the point in keeping it, if I were to use mostly the outside zipper pocket.

Hope you like it, but if you plan to use it as a handbag, why not get an actual handbag instead? Just a thought.

Super Contributor

On 12/30/2014 tough_kitty said:

I personally was amazed at the price of this backpack - $317!!! When it was sold first, it was about $286 or something like that. I got it back in May and sent it back because, even though it was pretty, it was extremely heavy and I didn't see the point in keeping it, if I were to use mostly the outside zipper pocket.

Hope you like it, but if you plan to use it as a handbag, why not get an actual handbag instead? Just a thought.

Your right. It is very expensive and I already have the blush roma 2 tote which I love. I just think the backpack is cool looking. On second thought, I will cancel and keep my eye out for an "as is" to appear as they always do.

Honored Contributor

I don't own this one, but thought it was very pretty... I don't do backpacks so were I to order it, it would be used exclusively as a bag. While I considered it, it looked to have too little structure for me to seriously consider... And yes, the current price was another factor in persuading me to not buy...

Wink

In my pantry with my cupcakes...
Trusted Contributor

Very, very attractive bag, however I can't speak to the quality as I do not have one. Colors and apparent versatility appear great. The price, in my opinion, is obscene!

Highlighted
Super Contributor

All you girls are correct on all points. It is a temptation, therefore, I'll hold out for an "as is".

Contributor

I have purchased three of these and I've never been a backpack girl. It has become my new go-to favorite. The leather is incredible and it is so easy to wear. I put things I need quick access to in the back pocket. I haven't really had any issues getting into the main part of the bag when I need to. It is just a stunning bag and I get compliments everywhere I go with it. I was practically mauled in the grocery store the first time I carried it. Everybody had to know where It was from. Lol. I mostly carry it over the shoulder but I have used it as a backpack when shopping and walking around a theme park.
Honored Contributor

i am not a backpack girl, but this was the second time i have seen it and i caved. i waitlisted the black....the black was gone in seconds! if that doesnt come in then i might do the blush. loved all of the different ways it could be carried although i may not use it as a backpack. in many parts of europe this style of backpack bag is quite popular.

"The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing." - Albert Einstein
Respected Contributor

On 12/30/2014 denise123 said: I saw a D olce Vita backpack that Amy presented earlier yesterday that was very nice.

I saw that online. It looks every nice. I have some Dolce Vita platform sandals and they rock

Honored Contributor

I think Lisa's G.I.L.I. backpack is se xy, but I just can't go there...love the navy!

Super Contributor

It isn't Lisa's. It's QVC's line.