Honored Contributor

Leather or Suede Tall Boots With "Stretch Fabric" Backs 👎

I noticed that the Vince Camuto tall boots TSV are leather or suede in the front, and stretch fabric in the back, like so many other tall boots offered on the Q. I don't care for this at all. I want my boots to have all-leather or suede uppers. I look upon this "trend" as a way for the manufacturer to cheap-out on the materials. And usually the fabric back isn't even a good match in color to the front of the boot.

I would be willing to pay a bit more for the privilege of having all-leather or suede uppers, the way boots always used to be. These boots should not even be called "leather" or "suede,"as that implies the WHOLE upper part of the boot is leather or suede. The more accurate term should be "mixed media" boots, IMO.

~~Be careful when you follow the masses. Sometimes the 'm' is silent.~~
Honored Contributor

Re: Leather or Suede Tall Boots With "Stretch Fabric" Backs 👎

That fabric back wouldn't be too good if you are walking thru deep snow....

♥Surface of the Sun♥
Honored Contributor

@handygal2  Yea I don't like it either because often times the stretch fabric doesn't take color the same way as the leather or suede.  I prefer all leather or all suede.

There are many elements: wind, fire, water
But none quite like the element of surprise
Esteemed Contributor

Agree - would never buy a boot with two types of material.  100% all good leather - or nothing.

Respected Contributor

@handygal2I agree with you 100%Woman Very Happy I don't understand why a name brand like this would not do all leather.

Honored Contributor

stretch looks cheap....I prefer a leather looking vegan leather boot.  

Trusted Contributor

Yep, it's an easy "pass" for me. The reason we see so many panels, so much goring, and complete stretch fabric backs are to cover a wider range of calf circumferences (I'm sure there are also savings on materials as well). It seems there are a lot more "ahem" athletic calves than ever before among Q shoppers.

"The good thing about Science is that it's true, whether or not you believe in it."
Neil deGrasse Tyson
Honored Contributor

@Love to Run wrote:

Yep, it's an easy "pass" for me. The reason we see so many panels, so much goring, and complete stretch fabric backs are to cover a wider range of calf circumferences (I'm sure there are also savings on materials as well). It seems there are a lot more "ahem" athletic calves than ever before among Q shoppers.

@Love to Run: Agreed... "Athletic calves" is a very polite term.

~~Be careful when you follow the masses. Sometimes the 'm' is silent.~~
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

The Vince Camuto boots you see in department stores are all leather.  I don't care what QVC claims about "stretch", it's done to sell you a cheaper boot.  The cost of leather has skyrocketed over the past 8 years or so. Not just this brand either,  All of QVC boots have some kind of stretch or goring in them to avoid selling an all leather boot. I always get my boots in a shoe store or department stores.  I want good qualtiy leather.  There are many degrees of qualtiy in leather and the various prices reflect them.  QVC can't even get out of the starting gate with 100% leather

Honored Contributor

If you don't like them, don't buy them but there's nothing new about them. It's definitely not a new trend.  There are boots that cost many hundreds of dollars that are made like that.