Honored Contributor

Leather conditioners/protectors/cleaners; which brand/s does the board recommend?++

I have an OLD bottle of Coach leather cleaner (it also protects) but it's really old. I'm looking for a new product line to purchase. I've seen Cadillac mentioned.... anyone use this or another brand and love it?

Thank you so much : )

Super Contributor

Re: Leather conditioners/protectors/cleaners; which brand/s does the board recommend?++

Whoosit...xxxxCORRECTION....it is WhooHoo ...sells a leather conditioner and a fabric, suede, leather sealant. Available on Amazon. turned my Roma natural ostrich from something very plain to a thing of beauty. About $25-30 each. the conditioner is a cream, the sealant a spray,

Trusted Contributor

Re: Leather conditioners/protectors/cleaners; which brand/s does the board recommend?++

I looked on Amazon and I couldn't find that product. I, too, am looking for a leather conditioner for my bags.
Super Contributor

Super Contributor

Sorry...I always mess the name up. it is WhooHoo. Recommended on an Aimee K. Review. It is really good.
On 7/3/2014 luvtoshopathome said: I looked on Amazon and I couldn't find that product. I, too, am looking for a leather conditioner for my bags.
Super Contributor

here is the title...then if you scroll down you'll find the sealant Leather Conditioner and Cleaner in One. Luxurious Leather Lotion for Your Designer and Fine Leather Goods. Protect Your Leather Investment. 15 FL OZ. Made in USA! by WhooHoo-Clean
Trusted Contributor

Nikalette, that's the cleaner my friend uses on her saddle and her western wear too. I tried it for my leather goods and love it AND, its better priced than Coach.

Super Contributor

I've used Apple Guarde band of conditioners and protectors on all my Coach bags without any problem whatsoever. Also used their Rain and Stain Repellant on all my Florentine bags with great success.
Super Contributor

I like Skidmores -- http://skidmores.com/

I bought it on QVC's 50-in-50 Tour. Great stuff.

Super Contributor

I have always used Murphy's Oil soap, as that is what I grew up using on tack. Recently when researching the fish odor that some leather has, including Dooney Florentines, I read that the tiny amount of lye it may have did something to release those odors (read this only in one place, not sure if it's true and can't find anywhere on the MOS label that says it contains lye).

I also have Coach leather cleaner and conditioner, but both contain silicone, and I recently read that that is also not good for leather in the long term. Just purchased Cadillac leather cleaner after reading raves on the Purse Forum and elsewhere. It also doesn't list ingredients, so I don't know if it contains silicone.

I am interested in the Whoo Hoo, and also the Apple Guarde brand. Oh sigh, my bags will have as many products as my skin.