Honored Contributor

Last Time You Wore a High Heel Pump 👠

[ Edited ]

Do you know the last time or how long it’s been since you wore a high heel pump? 

I know the exact date, March 15. It was the last day our church was open, and I always dress up for church, especially when I am the soloist. For me that means a classic pump between 2-3 inches in height with a dress. 

Since the shutdown and staying at home more, my footwear choices have been 99% slippers, sneakers, boat shoes, or bare feet. I wore my ballet a flats a couple times to the doctor recently. Not sure when I will get to wear my pumps again. 

Honored Contributor

Re: Last Time You Wore a High Heel Pump 👠

Current Age 70

The day I retired 20 yrs ago the month of June on my birthday at 50 yrs young.

"Never argue with a fool. Onlookers may not be able to tell the difference."

220-AuCC-US-CRM-Header-Update.gif

Honored Contributor

Never, as I have never owned a high heel pump.   This type of shoe has never fit my lifestyle.   

Honored Contributor

That's easy never. I don't wear shoes that don't have room for my toes. I prefer sandals or sneakers.

Like @RedTop  they don't fit in my lifestyle either. I'm not wearing a dress. LOL!!!

I rather go barefoot but can't do that anymore.

Super Contributor

1979!   I was 30ish!   Now I’m 70ish!   My high heel days are long gone.

Honored Contributor

If that includes peep-toe pumps, then it was Sunday.  I was going to wear full pumps, but it was raining and they are fabric-covered so I didn't want to get them wet.  Our church has been back open since the last Sunday in May.

Honored Contributor

At least 11 years.  High heels aren't even in my closet anymore.  I tried a pair on about 4 years ago just for fun and about broke my ankle.  Those days are gone; I'm pretty much in Vionics or Birki's full-time.

Time is just a drop in the bucket compared to eternity. It isn’t how long you live that matters; it is how well you are prepared to die. ~~Colonel Robert B. Thieme, Jr.
Esteemed Contributor

@wilma   It feels like it was during the STONE AGE.😂🤣 Seriously, it was before I started sheltering in place. The few times I bravely ventured out, I was dressed down, and heels were not an option.😊

~~~All we need is LOVE💖

Honored Contributor

In 1979 when I first started to work and then in 1993 for my wedding, and not since

Stop being afraid of what could go wrong and start being positive what could go right.
Honored Contributor

@Nightowlz wrote:

That's easy never. I don't wear shoes that don't have room for my toes. I prefer sandals or sneakers.

Like @RedTop  they don't fit in my lifestyle either. I'm not wearing a dress. LOL!!!

I rather go barefoot but can't do that anymore.

@Nightowlz 

I may feel the same way when I eventually try to wear a pair in the future, especially after wearing sneakers so much. 😉

My pumps have an almond shaped toe which gives more room for my toes. I never really liked or wore the super pointy ones.