Honored Contributor

Re: Last Time You Wore a High Heel Pump 👠

I used to wear very high heels and found them comfortable.  Now I try not to wear shoes at all.  I live in sandals and clogs.

I had a surgery on the back of my heel on the left foot and find bare feet feels better.  I did go to a wedding last July and wore an open back high heel shoe.

Highlighted
Trusted Contributor

That date sounds about the same for me. Last time was church before they shut it down.

Originally joined board 12-14-2004
Honored Contributor

February, 2019, for my dads funeral and other related events.  Had two pairs, Naturalizer brand, overall very comfortable for heels. 

I like dressing up and would do it more often....not much call for that these days, unless there's a funeral or a wedding. 

Trusted Contributor

About 30 years ago. I sure don't miss them, either!!
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

if a stacked heel counts then march 21st.....it was the day my daughter got married. they were actually VERY comfortable.

https://qvc.scene7.com/is/image/QVC/a/72/a370772_aka.102?$aemprodgallery$

"The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing." - Albert Einstein
Honored Contributor

@aubnwa01 wrote:

1996, when I was the matron of honor at my best friend's wedding on a paddlewheel boat on Lake Tahoe. 

They divorced in 2016 & my friend just passed away of cancer a couple of weeks ago.

@aubnwa01 

Sorry to hear of your friend’s passing. 

Respected Contributor

@wilma, A few days ago but it had been so long that I was lightheaded when I first put them on. Woman LOL

Honored Contributor

@tiny 2 wrote:

@wilma, A few days ago but it had been so long that I was lightheaded when I first put them on. Woman LOL

@tiny 2 

LOL! 🤣

Valued Contributor

Today sitting at my harp. They are my  pedaling shoes at the harp.

Trusted Contributor

I used to love to wear high heels.  Thought I would be wearing them forever.  I had a pair of red suede 4" heels that were just gorgeous.

I think I stopped wearing heels about 2009.  I wore them all thru my corporate life.  And I think I wore them the first 2 years of my job at school.  

To me, 2" heels are not really "heels".  Those I wore until I stopped working in 2018.  I have several pairs of shoe boots that have 2" heels.  I wore them until last year.

My favorite brand at the time were Donald Pliner - when they were made in Spain.  So comfortable.  I still have a couple of pairs that I have baby'd over the years.

Now for my part time job(s), it's slip on sneakers as I'm on my feet for several hours.  When I sub as a teaching assistant in our local school (hoping we go back), it's usually Uggs.  That's a whole other topic!