Honored Contributor

Re: Last Time You Wore a High Heel Pump 👠

probably in my thirties.

Not really high but these really pretty hot pink and also a pair of deep purple patent shoes. I loved those and only gave them up because they started to pinch and hurt.

Oh maybe they always did but I was too happy wearing them!Woman LOL

Now I do like a small heel because I discovered they actually hurt my back less then just flats!

But since I'm mostly in the back yard or cement, its flip flops or flats or clogs or short boots in colder weather.

"If you walk the footsteps of a stranger, you'll learn things you never knew. Can you sing with all the voices of the mountains? can you paint with all the colors of the wind?"
Honored Contributor

Re: ast Time You Wore a High Heel Pump 👠

Because I can't recall the exact day, I know it has been a long time since I wore high heels.  I loved wearing heels when younger and could walk for blocks in them without a problem.  But I did arrive at a time when I felt so much more at ease in flats and realized comfort was priority.  I still love the look of heels but I can't imagine walking in them now!

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

Never, don't own any. The closest I think I've come to wearing anything with heels what when I was in 8th grade and shoes had a chunky heel. That was in 1969. God they were ugly.

928BE654-263F-41BD-B7E8-BD841E35A5E6.jpeg

Respected Contributor

I love heels and I always marvel at the tall models who wear them regardless of what they have on.  My trouble is if I put on a pair that are 2 to 3 inches, that makes me taller than 6'-6'1.

Trusted Contributor

Smiley Wink Maybe 1985? 

Honored Contributor

@wilma 

About Summer, 2013. Back pain, x-rays, diagnosis, physical therapy.

Along with the family's good looks genes, I apparently inherited the Arthritis genes.  So - for the duration - low heels. 

Esteemed Contributor

Dec 2019. Holiday thing. 2.5 inch dress pumps. Decided I'm only going dress wedges from now on.  

"I took a walk in the woods and came out taller than the trees." Henry David Thoreau
Regular Contributor

Thursday. I am often in pumps. Love them. I don't even know how many I have. Too many to count. I own just about every color under the sun and many multi-colored patterned ones in leather, patent leather and suede.  Most of them are 4" with pointed toes. 

Trusted Contributor

@wilma     I had to think about it...but I'm sure it was 2011 at my daughter's wedding.  I also retired that year....so my wardrobe has changed dramaticallly.   

Respected Contributor

1996, when I was the matron of honor at my best friend's wedding on a paddlewheel boat on Lake Tahoe. 

They divorced in 2016 & my friend just passed away of cancer a couple of weeks ago.