Honored Contributor

Re: Large Roma Tote in PM Style?

On 11/11/2014 rdiazMiami said:
On 11/11/2014 stevieb said:

Just a thought... you know, the Q has their own version of the 'roadkill coat' and I think we can name that awful blue supposedly GILI bag as the official 'roadkill' bag...

Matching coat and bag... that would make for a great holiday ensemble. {#emotions_dlg.biggrin}

All our friends will just be green with envy... or wait, maybe it was the crab dip!

{#emotions_dlg.laugh}

In my pantry with my cupcakes...
Honored Contributor

On 11/11/2014 benzgirl said:

Since the original large Roma has come back in stock, do you ladies think that the Roma 2 will be back any time in the next year? I think I might like to try one of the Roma 2 bags as I was quite impressed with my croco and snake Milanos. Now I want a Roma 2 !!! Not really interested in the original large Roma as it's too big for my needs.

Who knows what they'll do with GILI. There are supposedly a slew of new GILI bags on the horizon and so it might be that they won't be bringing this one back again, since they've already re-upped it a few times. On the other hand, if it's sold well maybe they will. I see it's currently available in one of the several versions in orange and purple, though my guess is these are older bags and possibly returns... and for other color options you might check 'as-is' if you don't want to take the chance of it not coming back.

Contributor

Hi Ladies!

Any new info on when this will be available? I checked and the only Large Roma I could find was the croco, and I'm wanting other options. I jumped on the Roma 2 bandwagon really late, but am loving what I have, and have use for the larger as well.

Honored Contributor

Since the original large Roma has come back in stock, do you ladies think that the Roma 2 will be back any time in the next year? I think I might like to try one of the Roma 2 bags as I was quite impressed with my croco and snake Milanos. Now I want a Roma 2 !!! Not really interested in the original large Roma as it's too big for my needs.

There seems to be something odd going on with how the website is listing the GILI bags, but a little search turned up three different listings for the ROMA II: clearance, as-is, and full price but on EP. They appear to have added the plain espresso color to the as-is offerings and at full price they appear to have cream snake, black, espresso lizard and ivory ostrich available. I didn't check as-is. For the full price options, check the URL below... And the clearance options are pretty easy to find.

http://www.qvc.com/G.I.L.I-Leather-Roma-2-Tote.product.A255157.html?sc=A255157-User&cm_sp=VIEWPOSITI...

Trusted Contributor

Some posters reading this thread may not know the difference so I'll explain how I understand it.

The clearance ones (A239484) do not have the magnetic snap closure and some colors were different.

The full-price (A255157) are the more recent version, with the magnetic snap closure.

The as-is (A254973) are currently the older version since they have the same description as the older, clearance Roma2. But not too long ago the as-is was the newer version. Maybe they finally sold out of those? If you want the newer version make sure the description mentions the magnetic closure!

I've seen both versions in the outlets and depending on color they are hard to differentiate. If offered in the same color in both versions, like the Natural Ostrich, you have to look for the magnetic closure to tell the difference.

{#emotions_dlg.w00t}

KJPA
Valued Contributor

Wow, they are selling Roma 2 (second edition) for $206!!! I am pretty sure most of them are customer returns.... I got it at the lowest price brand new for $169 and I wouldn't pay more than that.

Trusted Contributor

On 11/12/2014 tough_kitty said:

Wow, they are selling Roma 2 (second edition) for $206!!! I am pretty sure most of them are customer returns.... I got it at the lowest price brand new for $169 and I wouldn't pay more than that.

Yeah, I would like to know if the full-price items are really supposed to be brand-new or if customer returns can be resold at the full price. I've heard people claim either one. I know used items sometimes get sent out as new but I don't know if that's Q's policy. Sometimes employees are careless or make mistakes or don't follow policy. I wish we knew what the real policy is.

{#emotions_dlg.confused1}

KJPA
Super Contributor

On 11/12/2014 stevieb said:

Who knows what they'll do with GILI. There are supposedly a slew of new GILI bags on the horizon and so it might be that they won't be bringing this one back again, since they've already re-upped it a few times. On the other hand, if it's sold well maybe they will. I see it's currently available in one of the several versions in orange and purple, though my guess is these are older bags and possibly returns... and for other color options you might check 'as-is' if you don't want to take the chance of it not coming back.

Hi stevieb. Yeah, I saw the orange and purple bags. Just can't see me with either of those colors, even though I think that orange would be fun for summer.
Valued Contributor

On 11/12/2014 KJPA said:
On 11/12/2014 tough_kitty said:

Yeah, I would like to know if the full-price items are really supposed to be brand-new or if customer returns can be resold at the full price. I've heard people claim either one. I know used items sometimes get sent out as new but I don't know if that's Q's policy. Sometimes employees are careless or make mistakes or don't follow policy. I wish we knew what the real policy is.

{#emotions_dlg.confused1}

There is NO policy! I'm fine with returns which look like new. However, I did order the clearance price new original Roma 2 (aubergine/purple) and it came with someone's hair inside the bag!!! Plus other debris.

This is something to be expected when you are buying an "as-is" bag, but not a "brand new" bag on clearance... So, I already know that 90% of the GILI bags purchased AFTER the day they were originally aired, are customer returns.

Honored Contributor

On 11/12/2014 benzgirl said:
On 11/12/2014 stevieb said:

Hi stevieb. Yeah, I saw the orange and purple bags. Just can't see me with either of those colors, even though I think that orange would be fun for summer.

But benzgirl check out my other post above with the URL to the other colors, not being sold on clearance... most colors are available and on EP...