Honored Contributor

NYC streets are a mess when it rains - there are puddles on every corner. I need to use curb cuts and they are always "flooded." 

Boots are too warm in the summer and I've ruined too many pairs of shoes in the rain.  

So - a couple of years ago - I bought myself a pair of LandsEnd water shoes - in black.  Basically - they are sneakers that come in lots of colors ... and have 

• Outsole and footbed drainage holes shed water
  • Mesh with spandex blend collar and lining

Really comfortable for everyday wear - not just in the rain.  Those drainage holes also keep your feet cool when it's not raining.  

Anyway - last summer, I added a metallic gray pair, and this year bought "paradise aqua space dye and another pair of the metallic gray. 

They are on sale with free shipping - very comfortable shoes for everyday wear - not just rainy days.   They also come in a skimmer and a Mary Jane style.  

Esteemed Contributor

@ALRATIBA They are really cute and look like regular shoes.  I have waterproof duck shoes from LLBean that I have had for maybe 10 yrs but to hot to wear in spring and summer.  Have fun splashing in all the puddles.

Esteemed Contributor

@ALRATIBABlondo brand makes nice waterproof footwear for women.  Not sure if I've ever seen a tennis shoe, but boots and booties (maybe shoes too).  I have a pair of their riding boots I purchased years and years ago.  Excellent quality.  100% waterproof.  Wide calf and are not too tall or my height.

They have branched out a little bit more with their offerings.  You might find something interesting if you want something new.

FYI

A Negative Mind ~ Will give you a Negative Life
Esteemed Contributor

I have purchased Lands End water shoes to wear for water aerobics.  The shoes have a nice level of support for use out of the water, but I never thought of using them as rain shoes.  @ALRATIBA Thanks for the tip.  I will consider purchasing a pair to use as rain shoes in the future.  I wear Sloggers for gardening and purchased a pair of those to use as rain shoes.  They are also quite comfortable to wear on city sidewalks, but I'm always open to trying something different. Woman Happy

Esteemed Contributor

Blondo waterproof flat.  Not on sale though....

FYI

A Negative Mind ~ Will give you a Negative Life
Respected Contributor

@ALRATIBA I have similar water shoes that I bought at Academy Sports years ago for when DH and I go fishing in our boat.  I never thought of wearing them in rainy weather and they might be a good alternative to my rain boots when it rains here in the summer and boots are be too hot for my work commute. I just have to make sure I have a way to dry my feet when I take them off! 😄

Honored Contributor

@ALRATIBA 

Very interesting shoes. 

Honored Contributor

@wilma 

If you ever get caught out in a downpour - these shoes are fab.  The water drains right through and doesn't hurt the shoes at all.  

And when I'm wearing them out when it's not raining - you can feel the air come up through the holes while you are walking - keeps your feet cool.

-------------------

@wilma wrote:

@ALRATIBA 

Very interesting shoes. 

Respected Contributor

@ALRATIBA   How clever you are to think of using water shoes!  I have a couple of pairs and will do this the next time I stroll on a rainy day.

Best,

aroc3435

Washington, DC 

Respected Contributor
Ryka has awesome choices in aqua shoes. I do aqua aerobics and wouldn't be without them. They would work great for the op's situation.